The Saddest Day

Reg

Dear Members,

Please ensure that you are sitting down before you read on.

It is with great sadness that I post that we have lost a dear friend, Wizard.

A group of us noticed that he was not on the site for a while - I had reached out to the police for a welfare check and we had a case number.

News had not been moving quickly and he had not been seen on the sites since 9th August this year, all sites.

One of our members found this...

image.thumb.png.5684028e1db0d4cff088c2ddd88cd744.png

...I am afraid that our friend is at the bottom here on that list - I have no more information then that.

Wizard.
Rest in heaven my dear friend.
I have known you for twenty years or so and and so sorry that you have left us way too soon.

There are so many words I wish I could have said and did not.
Thank you for your friendship.
Harvey.

What does this mean for the site - all I can tell you is I will carry this on in memory of Chris for what he did for us all.

Thank you and love you mate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 54
  • Shock 4
  • No 1

• Reg pinned this topic

Well this has come as a total shock to me. I know we had not seen eye to eye due to previous misdemeanours on my part but I always respected what he had achieved and done for everyone. 
Just regret never making amends with him for the past

RIP Chris

• Like 10

Lost for words :( RIP....LEGEND!

Such a shock. We are all friends and family, even though we don't know each other. I don't even know what you looked like, but there's still nothing I wouldn't have done to help you.

The pleasure you gave me for the last almost 20 years is unmeasureable.

What you did for so many people will always go down in history.

Edited by spa
  • Like 6

Absolutely gutted doesn't even begin to sum it up at the moment.

Thank you for giving me the tools to fuel my hobby over the past 2 decades & for being responsible for giving birth to a community filled with friends that I call my virtual home.

MFME is a legacy that any man would be proud to have.

RIP Chris.

• Like 19

DX Banner.png

Very sad news.

Wizard, we are blessed to have been given the opportunity to come along with you on the development of MFME.

MFME is your legacy and it's a piece of software that has both born a brilliant community and genuinely helped people, such as myself, to control the real world addiction.

RIP Wizard, thank you for sharing your genius with us.

• Like 15

Cannot comprehend this ... Confused, saddened and totally gutted by this news.

All I can say is you will be truly missed Chris, a great, helpful, genuine guy who has been taken from this world far, far too early.

Absolutely blown away and haven't really had this sink in yet. Hard to believe.

Sleep soundly Wizard.....

• Like 10

Utter and total shock.  RIP Chris and thank you for 20 plus years of amazing entertainment and giving me a scene that has saved my life on more than one occasions... 

Be at peace...

'Suddenly you were gone, from all the lives you left your mark upon...'

Edited by Geddy
  • Like 14

Not Retired from FME June 2022

OMG,Just Totally Gobsmacked and gutted,I really can't believe it.RIP Wizard and thankyou so much for all the pleasure you have instilled in my life with your

brilliant emulator. The scene has lost it's master,nothing more to say but.

Goodnight and God Bless..... :(

• Like 9

Chris Wren, without you there would be no magic.

You have developed the emulator for many years, and MFME V20.1 really is your last emulator update. 

I've credited you in my layouts for this emulator, and I know that every person creating a layout will never forget what magic you put into that emulator. 

.....but all that's left for me to say, is one final time, Thanks to Wizard for this fine emulator.

• Like 10

Part of the SD368 Group

Omg a major shock to the scene 

he has brought so many memories back throughout the years 

a totally respected member who’s memory and visions for fme will last a lifetime 

RIP wizard 🧙‍♂️ a total genius and he gave so much. 

now is the time we should ALL put our differences aside and unite in fme once again

• Like 15

• Reg unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic