Error when leaving games

jackpotjon05

Hi everyone, I don't know what I'm doing wrong as haven't changed any settings and running the latest v20

but every time I leave a game, I was under the understanding it was supposed to save on exit, but for some reason I keep getting ''cannot save DB file' each time I leave the game?

Does anyone please know what that means and why it's doing it and how to stop it?

Many thanks.

If you have renamed or moved any files or folders connected to MFME, that would be the probable cause. Put them back. 

Try rescanning the database, making sure where your layouts are, is where you point the emulator and do a scan.

Next make sure the emulator is upto date. 

If it is or doesn't solve it, then I would re-download the emulator and install it again.

If none of that solves it, then you'll probably need Wizard to assist. But I think he is taking a well earned break and hopefully enjoying the wine. 

On 11/09/2020 at 18:24, wearecity said:

If you have renamed or moved any files or folders connected to MFME, that would be the probable cause. Put them back. 

Try rescanning the database, making sure where your layouts are, is where you point the emulator and do a scan.

Next make sure the emulator is upto date. 

If it is or doesn't solve it, then I would re-download the emulator and install it again.

If none of that solves it, then you'll probably need Wizard to assist. But I think he is taking a well earned break and hopefully enjoying the wine. 

Ok, thanks I will give that a try.

I definitely haven't moved or re-named any files, so maybe I will just re-install and come back to you?

Agreed, Good old Wizard, top bloke. I haven't got the first clue as to what he must get up to, but I would imagine it must be ALOT of work.