Volume

chriss82

Hi Guys
Ive not been on here as often recently so I hope everyone is keeping well.

Ive been playing a couple of the older layouts in mfme 19 but the sound on one of them is really low. I’ve had a look in mfme and on here to try turn the volume up but can’t see anything. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks, Chris

14 minutes ago, chriss82 said:

Hi Guys
Ive not been on here as often recently so I hope everyone is keeping well.

Ive been playing a couple of the older layouts in mfme 19 but the sound on one of them is really low. I’ve had a look in mfme and on here to try turn the volume up but can’t see anything. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks, Chris

If you tell us which machine it is then we should be able to help.

Load High N Mighty into MFME, when it's fully loaded and running attract mode then:

Press the Refill tick box on top bar of MFME

Press Exchange until you get to "Volume Control"

Press "Start" button

Keep pressing "Change Stake" button to raise the Volume

Press "Start" when done.

Then untick Refill box.

Edited by Mort
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mort said:

Load High N Mighty into MFME, when it's fully loaded and running attract mode then:

Press the Refill tick box on top bar of MFME

Press Exchange until you get to "Volume Control"

Press "Start" button

Keep pressing "Change Stake" button to raise the Volume

Press "Start" when done.

Then untick Refill box.

@ Mort, I tried this and it works, so happy days 👍 The one I am playing has two different size layouts in the same folder, so when I adjusted one of them it’s done it to both, and it’s also saved it as well so I don’t need to do it again next time. Thanks again.

PS, I take it changing the volume in each layout will be different but down similar lines as this 👍

• Like 1

Yes, most of the time when a layout is released it will come with a .ram file and the volume would have already been set properly by the layout designer.

For layouts from the legacy set they will have no RAM file (as if they had been RAM cleared or delivered fresh from the factory) and you will need to do things like set the volume, float the hoppers and in some cases setup note mechs etc.

Generally you will find the volume settings within either the refill menu or sometimes within the test menus which are accessed with the Back/S Door open.

Edited by Mort
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chriss82 said:

Yeah mate I’ve just been busy with work and other stuff 👍

Good to see you back bud, the usual with me emptiers, being a pain and getting under people's feet lol some things never change. As long as you got your question answered and solved happy days😁

• Thanks 1