Emptiable ROMS

fjustices

On 19/08/2020 at 10:46, MikeyMonster said:

Money Laundry would be a good one if the roms are available.. As would be the Good times free win (Blink king crazy i think)

The manipulable DOND on the numbers (lower than a 2 and higher than 11) were good fun as well and off course the £35 DOND machine you could empy on 10p play... cant remember the name - but 2nd or 3rd feature was true skill.  My mate had 2! in the same Spoons - both being fully refilled daily.......

Would be awesome to see some more of the quiz machine tricks - such as Connect 4, there were a fair few of these knocking around as well

What's in your box?

I used to have headaches dreaming about stopping that silly dot as it flew around. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chopaholic said:

That's the fella!

Had a couple of Royles and a HoLoWatha locally :) You really needed to be able to hit the cash amount very consistently though, as it didn't make getting the barcode easy.

On the latest program, the cash amount never made it past £5 so it was impossible to get Reel Benefit.

3 hours ago, Boulderdash said:

What's in your box?

I used to have headaches dreaming about stopping that silly dot as it flew around. 

@Boulderdash Thats the one... i couldnt do it and i was mostly pretty good at skill... but worked it out very early on in the machines life. My mate - and he is a good friend - made  thousands on it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A:E said:

You wait for the machine to default back to 20p play.  It takes approx 30 seconds if I remember correctly.

What roms are running?   

Here are all roms.

Lower number will be the roms to be running.

J

Royle Family (Bellfruit) .zip 5.11 MB · 2 downloads  2

Thanks for those roms. Some of them give a dataport 71 error but that's irrelevant because I found all the programs that I can remember. There's a £25 jackpot version where the empty works and a £15 version where the empty doesn't work!

Also there is a whitbread rom set where the empty works set on £15 jackpot. The weird thing is the game will play even if the machine is set to £25 jackpot. Not sure why there were whitbread programs, maybe they were for pubs.

The latest £25 program is there, it's a nasty chip because the barcode crazy cash won't go above £5.

Edited by logopolis

38 minutes ago, logopolis said:

Also there is a whitbread rom set where the empty works set on £15 jackpot. The weird thing is the game will play even if the machine is set to £25 jackpot. Not sure why there were whitbread programs, maybe they were for pubs.

Correctomondo and did say that earlier on(You must of missed it twice). They were obviously made for that particular brewery as MMM has the same "issue".

Edited by Big J

12 hours ago, logopolis said:

I saw you mention whitbread empty roms on page 1 and page 2, but I thought you were talking about Money Money Money at the time, not Royle Family. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was but was making a statement that particular roms were assigned/supplied to certain establishments for example the same machine with the same payout in a different place(one in two different arcades for example) were set on different percentages, even on the same percentage they would still play different. Requests must of been put in for an establishments originality as being that only place that had those roms. Whitbread is a prime example!

Edited by Big J
  • Like 1

Ah right, that's interesting. Some of those Whitbread programs ironed out little flaws in game play that the player exploited. Caesars Palace and Hot Shot had updated nasty chips where they would still spin 1s and 12s even when they had no value in them. I'm pretty sure these were Whitbread chips.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A:E said:

Maybe Whitbread specific roms are non switchable so no configuring is necessary as it uses it’s pre-baked internal config.

You might find it works at £15 even if you set it to £5, 5p play.

J

That must be the case with them. I was quite surprised when the wrong stake key message didn't show up.

21 hours ago, MikeyMonster said:

@Boulderdash Thats the one... i couldnt do it and i was mostly pretty good at skill... but worked it out very early on in the machines life. My mate - and he is a good friend - made  thousands on it.

There was a lad who came into the city to do it called Dan. He was awesome - got jackpot every single time!

Must have been the drugs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard that Whitbread wanted flatter profiles, to reward casual punters more and discourage pros, and that is why they had their own ROM sets. They also preferred lower price of play.

I'd doubt that there was much concern around what ROMs/profile was in use from most establishments - it's something you'd trust the manufacturer on, and assume they'd always have optimal programs running. But we saw with the big chains that they took it more seriously - Whitbread favouring casual gaming, and latterly Wetherspoons wanting the lowest % payouts.

Even the Whitbread Maygay roms has the streak pot.  I’ve played plenty of Whitbread roms, especially Maygay M1a games, it just seems they offered better value for money by offering 20p.  That’s what the alpha displays on the M1a machines.

I do believe we have a Whitbread Ace Coin Kung Fu roms kicking around.  They also have the initial super feature bug same as Wild West ;)

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougsta said:

I heard that Whitbread wanted flatter profiles, to reward casual punters more and discourage pros, and that is why they had their own ROM sets. They also preferred lower price of play.

I'd doubt that there was much concern around what ROMs/profile was in use from most establishments - it's something you'd trust the manufacturer on, and assume they'd always have optimal programs running. But we saw with the big chains that they took it more seriously - Whitbread favouring casual gaming, and latterly Wetherspoons wanting the lowest % payouts.

Spoons used to have crap, old machines didn't they in the 90s?

Now they have the latest jizzmatics, and the profit has never been higher. 

I'm happy to say I'm slightly too young to have been to many Spoons in the 90s but only just :)

I hate them anyway and haven't been in one for yonks. Last time was for a quick pint with my brother and we lost £20 in 2 minutes on some Blueprint garbage. Nearly left without finishing my pint. Imagine you were hooked on today's machines - you'd lose everything and more.

• Like 1