Building an idea WibbleWobble's MFME Cabinet build

WibbleWobble

Thanks for the replies and checking in, to be honest I have been deflated and really down since the terrible news about Wizard broke, but thinking about it today has made me think that I should get it up and running and back to working, as some of the most pivotal pieces of information that helped me past hurdles came from the great man himself.

I have even been looking at building a second cabinet which hopefully if I can work out how to do it, would have a 'trick' up it's sleeve.....

@davep180 while you are collecting your bits, drop me a PM, I might have some bits that you could make use of, I have probably got a good few spare buttons and a coin mech holder, and possibly coin chutes. Offer extends to anybody else on the forum too, just know that Dave is collecting bits currently.

Pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, davep180 said:

Hi there, the leds look great! That machine looks familiar, I think I sent a few messages to you, after seeing it in action on Youtube. Fruit Machine Collector seems a bit miffed!

A bit miffed?

I know someone who questioned why I had put it in that type of cabinet, my response was I could put it in a biscuit tin if I chose.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...

@WibbleWobble know this thread a little old now, but thank you soo much for posting this very detailed thread, very informative and very helpful :) I have build mame machines over the last 20 years, never thought about doing a fruit machine one until a few days ago, and then stumble upon here, so I will have summer project now lol :) thanks for your work :)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Hi Jwtech, 

I think you'll find some amazing threads on here, which make my efforts look in need of work. I need to create my new thread as discussed above, as I have updated the PC and mounted the Motherboard in the cabinet alongside the drive and other bits.

The offer extended above still stands, if you are building a cabinet and need some bits let me know, I may have some buttons etc you could make use of.

Pete

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I have two of these hoppers, I had to position them funny within my cabinet which is small to allow for payout. I didn't know they could PAY THROUGH, I assume if they are together a £1 coin can pas through another hopper to payout?

I also had to make my own over flow, so when the £1 was full it would start boxing, did you have any ideas on that? I only managed to do it on my £1's and left 20p's as they where as you don't generally play a machine with 20p's.

I have two of these hoppers, I had to position them funny within my cabinet which is small to allow for payout. I didn't know they could PAY THROUGH, I assume if they are together a £1 coin can pas through another hopper to payout?

I also had to make my own over flow, so when the £1 was full it would start boxing, did you have any ideas on that? I only managed to do it on my £1's and left 20p's as they where as you don't generally play a machine with 20p's.