Touch-Play Front End

Reg

Not a lot of info in the forum over on touch play, i managed to sort images, had to create a new folder to put them in, which i find odd but hey ho it works for me, ill perhaps try videos tonight.

I would like to put some music now on the main menu and then add pinball tables and some retro arcade games, more tinkering to be done!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, froggystyle said:

Not a lot of info in the forum over on touch play, i managed to sort images, had to create a new folder to put them in, which i find odd but hey ho it works for me, ill perhaps try videos tonight.

I would like to put some music now on the main menu and then add pinball tables and some retro arcade games, more tinkering to be done!

Sounds good. Keep us posted. 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing with Touchplay a little more over the weekend, put some videos in for fruitys and works well, have tried Mame also and that works easy enough, having issues getting the rom set i have fully work though, think i need to get the latest version, 0.259, need to have a bit more of a play with pinball tables also and get some working.

Also just picked up a 32" touchscreen monitor off ebay, that should be here in time for some playing over the weekend.

Ill stick a video up when its all working a little smoother.

Will look good in the pubshed when complete!

37 minutes ago, froggystyle said:

With fruit machines and a touch screen, is it just a case of plug and play, are the buttons that you see on the screen working links to the keys stated in the start up screen?

Usually! In most cases you press the touchscreen on the buttons and they will work. 

• 5 weeks later...

All looking good now, touch screen was just plug and play so fruit machines are more fun as i dont have to use a mouse to hit some of the buttons.

Have managed to get mame/mfme and virtual pinball all running in Touchplay, the pc starts up and loads straight into it, i just need to now load more images and videos and tidy up the names..

Ill get a video up at some point.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/12/2023 at 14:09, Fruity Nut said:

Little late to the party and loving Touch-Play so far.

Couple of questions...

Anyone know what folder I add any icons for each machine like this one?

image.thumb.png.2f529c6d4a26372abccc921fb36b7382.png

How do I update Touch-Play?

Even though I've just installed, it says there's an update available :-

image.thumb.png.0587c11275f2d2d88e982a50cc26ee64.png

Thank You :)

yeah i cant work out the update thing either, maybe ask over on touchplay forum?

2 hours ago, froggystyle said:

yeah i cant work out the update thing either, maybe ask over on touchplay forum?

Yeah strange one. No one seems to know. There doesn't seem to be a newer version available on the official site yet is says there's an update but no way to actually do it! 

On 07/12/2023 at 14:09, Fruity Nut said:

Little late to the party and loving Touch-Play so far.

Couple of questions...

Anyone know what folder I add any icons for each machine like this one?

image.thumb.png.2f529c6d4a26372abccc921fb36b7382.png

How do I update Touch-Play?

Even though I've just installed, it says there's an update available :-

image.thumb.png.0587c11275f2d2d88e982a50cc26ee64.png

Thank You :)

You have 1105 machines on there? do y9ou have any filtering to sort, must be hard work finding games

18 hours ago, froggystyle said:

You have 1105 machines on there? do y9ou have any filtering to sort, must be hard work finding games

I will need to sort favourites but just testing on a different PC before using in a small cabinet I'm building. you can touch bottom corners of screen to search alphabetically which helps. 

• Like 1