Pc for a bar top cabinet

Ginge

Good morning everyone as you know I am in the process of building a bar top cabinet. I am not very good with computers could anyone suggest a pc to go into the cabinet something small as don’t have a lot of space was going to use my daughters old laptop but now after testing in the cabinet after 1hr play It  just shuts it self off think it’s getting to hot, would anything like on the following picture do the job ? Any advice or help would be appreciated thank you.

E8F9A267-4E55-4DD3-B513-743E170A8532.png

As a further suggestion I would incorporate a couple of cooling fans into your cabinet as well to give extra cooling to the PC, you can use a couple of large or medium sized PC fans and power them from the PC, PC's are not designed to work in completely enclosed cabinets with no air flow to keep them cool also If you can find a PC has SSD rather than HDD as these produce less heat, and if your going for a dedicated video card I would get one with its own fan for cooling as well.

• Thanks 1

I have just looked at the spec of that Lenovo, I would not choose Lenovo due to reliability issues I have had with them in the past both in a professional capacity and personal, however the 500GB is a HDD when you get the machine for your intended use I would clone that HDD then remove and replace it with a SSD you can get them for not much now and for what you want a 256GB should be ok but leaving you with the option to install a 2nd and possibly 3rd one later on if you need to. HDDs produce a lot of heat, if you don't want to do the above then I would suggest getting a HDD cooling fan for the drive to help keep the heat off it, as heat and HDDs don't mix. It will reduce the life of the drive. This is again from personal experience.

Edited by cliffc
  • Thanks 1

To be fair I didn't research the model, but I've had no real issues with Lenovo. I've actually added them to my recommended list of brands for laptops, however, I tend to avoid the home use ones and go with the professional business ones. I've always had business laptops regardless of brand as I find they last longer.