Reg's MFME Cabinet

Reg

• 2 months later...

Sound videos these, And that cabinet is just the right shape. Been looking at a couple on ebay but to far for me to collect starting at a £5er possible one of them would of been ok without making to much changes. will have to wait till something comes up a bit near to me. Anyways would you do anything different to your cab?? And am i right in saying you have to assign the buttons to each machine you put on there? And lets say you've put 500 machines on there all with assigned buttons can you back them up so if your hard drive goes tits up  you haven't got to do it all again?

Sorry if you all ready covered these questions but fme is a mine field.

O and who is the lady in the back ground on the pic you've pixaled??

So let's talk about the most important thing first - the pixal lady... ...I blurred her out as I had some insane thought that there would be some stupid YouTube T&C I would be breaking by allowing minors to view nudity.  Stupid I know - but better safe then sorry.  Who she is... I've just done a quick lookup... https://www.page3.com/article/wednesday-march-8-rhian-from-manchester/

The JPM Vogue cabinet is probably one of the better ones to use as it has a lot of depth.

P1080001.thumb.png.c4fac12e74f10af6dfa3aec1a0b1be0a.png

P1080002.png.d7325d45230ffe8dd802995d19a3d1e2.png

P1080003.thumb.png.0c049d7fec3f2deab236c3de84bf3499.png

All buttons are hardcoded on layouts.  To put a layout in the machine takes about 10 minutes work ( including testing ) as long as I don't mess with the background of it.

Everything can be backed up to external hard drive for safe keeping.

If I was to do it again, I would change nothing really.  This operations 100% keyboard and mouse free when working just as the cabinet - it's perfect for my needs.  The only thing I'd probably do differently ( assuming I was to have two of these side by side is reverse the colour scheme so the newer one would be a mirror of this one.

Just superb an what every man cave should have and i got to say i am green with envy and wish i had the talent for this Envy.gif.cb6e195d6692e5fe2350f56c2aca0156.gif

• Like 1

For Fruit Machine Preview Video's    https://www.youtube.com/@akfortyfive4574/playlists

These video's created by me are solely to showcase the talent of the creators and all who helped in bringing these machines to life,they are in no way a guide on how to play the machine or show how to exploit it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you - a lot of work went into this - but if there is one lesson learnt from doing the whole thing, get a JPM vogue cabinet and use it as a shell.

I do not have the skills of others who build their own cabinets from nothing and at least if you do that way - IE - pre-purchased cabinet, some of the work is less of a nightmare.

The biggest miracle as I am not a woodman, is this went down and completed with zero hospital visits or the need to anywhere near any medical facilities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

An incredible project, well done.

I was wondering, as part of your original thought process did you give any consideration to mounting two screens in the cabinet, one for lower glass and one for upper. Do you think that is technically possible or are the available screen sizes now unsuitable?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrofruit said:

An incredible project, well done.

I was wondering, as part of your original thought process did you give any consideration to mounting two screens in the cabinet, one for lower glass and one for upper. Do you think that is technically possible or are the available screen sizes now unsuitable?

Thank you !

So TBH, this would not have been possible without advice from @Wizard and what he made MFME do as well.

It was always going to be a single portrait screen - however originally I was going to go for a touch screen - that got abandoned and I went for a curve screen instead.

I do believe it would be possible with touch screens - however, you're going to do an awful lot of editing of the layouts.  This was made to be done as easy as possible.  I'll do a video at some point of the conversion from a layout that I download to putting it in he cabinet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, A:E said:

I was building a cab with 2 x 10" touchscreens, mfme didn't support multi screen at this time and ended up scrapping the project.

Not sure if mfme supports multi screen in the later releases.

J

Perhaps let windows control the positioning of the screens and extend it to both ?

Here is another video of the cabinet playing games.  This one is from @Tommy c while the video came out a little dark, it's still awesome to play this in the cabinet.

Thank you @Tommy c.

@vectra666 also has a very good outing on display here which is not on this thread...

...and @Benjamoose has this one.

• Awesome 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, 1969kappa said:

Looking good is that a games arcade machine in the back ground? 

Yep long since gone tho - I have it away.

It was made by Hanaho using real materials for these cabinets - the insides had failed years ago ( was real arcade monitor ) and all USA lighting and cabling - it had been completely replaced with UK stuff.

I simply was not using it so gave it to a mate that had a few kids who would make the most of it.

• Reg locked this topic