Tips: Rom Dumping

Reg

30 minutes ago, spa said:

Ahh, many thanks for the info :)

So, where's the best place to get some M27C512 chips? I will however try a board before a new rom, just in case.

These ought to work but bear in mind they can only be programmed once:

https://www.rapidonline.com/atmel-at27c512r-70pu-eprom-512k-dil28-73-4392

Might be worth a punt but make sure your programmer will do them first.

Original EPROMS seem to be harder to get these days at a sensible price. You can get them on eBay too.

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spa said:

Ah yes I forgot, the wonderful sticker on the glass that made it turbo :) and the three ??? to trigger the run. Got to love those decals as well. looks like its come straight out of the concept workshop :) I believe the jackpot sound was recorded in the grounds of Beverley Minster.

Definitely Astra IO3 board though. I have the source code sat on the screen next to me  with the FPGA equates file if its any use

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gary said:

Concept games machine, Might have been listed as Megabell previously in the rom DAT

You're correct, mate.  There's a rom in the dat called Megabell (Concept).  Tried it on the emulator but it doesn't seem to run.  The rom that SPA attached does seem to run though, (Astra A1 tech) but it needs a bit of tinkering to get it to work correctly.  Both roms are different sizes as well; which is a bit odd.

Megabell (Concept) [Rom].zip

It's a horrible machine! I only got it as it was local, working and £30 :)

Glad the roms runish :D

• 1 year later...

I have dug this out... again! Does anyone have the software for this? I would google it, but as it's all Chinese, i'm not too sure what I need!

Chances of a missing rom dump next week :) A bloody good one too!

23 minutes ago, spa said:

I have dug this out... again! Does anyone have the software for this? I would google it, but as it's all Chinese, i'm not too sure what I need!

Chances of a missing rom dump next week :) A bloody good one too!

You caught me around for once...   ...good timing.

• Awesome 1

On 28/11/2018 at 21:16, spa said:

Hummm, strange. I have just dumped my ofah sound rom, put it in pooks dx and it runs with correct sounds. Maybe it's the program roms?

onlyfools_snd.bin 512 kB · 4 downloads  4

I believe there were a few machines that the sound got screwed on from the same era. As well as OFAH I remember seeing a few Doctor Who machines where the samples were playing all wrong. Seemed pretty consistent so most likely a program rom issue, maybe someone put the table in back to front!

• 3 months later...

So, going to dump some roms. The chip says ST m27c4001. What setting do I use?

Also, ST m27c801.

Thanks!

Thank @Ross all sorted, loaded and running :)

Just didn't want to damage anything, just needed to be sure. Not sure I could damage anything, it's only reading, but would have been gutted it I did lol!

Edited by spa
  • Thanks 1