Few questions

@No1Stoney the mech is working right, it is just there is something inside that is making the coins get stuck as I was mentioning before about coins getting stuck. Just wondered if you knew how I can get into it to have a look to see what is making them get jammed.

image.thumb.jpeg.d1e306ceda9ff46d9614353f85bd23fb.jpeg

I was going to take that little screw out but I thought I’d ask first just to make sure I don’t break anything.

Thanks👍🏻

@No1Stoney I’ve had that panel off of the mech to see what was making the coins stick and it’s this 

image.thumb.jpeg.b88aee28c2061e620b7c1b61c324a255.jpeg

That pushes back for the coins that are accepted to drop through and when rejected they slide across it to reject hole. What is making them stick is it is not pushing right the way in and when accepted making the coins get jammed between that and the panel.

Im just wondering if you think it’s a wire loose or something broke on whatever pushes that little tray in like an electro magnet or something 

Thanks 👍🏻

Hi @No1Stoney @WibbleWobbleI’ve found 2 of these in the back of my cupboard and thought I’d use them on my machine. So I wired them up, got the lights working but the button press isn’t getting recognised I’m just wondering if I’m wiring the up correct.

This is how I wired them,

Top left: 5v

Top right: Pacdrive

Bottom left: 5v

Bottom right: IPAC

image.thumb.jpeg.8e81c442d9e5185e1d3d3f2a8143b7a1.jpegI’m not sure if this is right!

Thanks👍🏻👍🏻

Edited by 123

23 minutes ago, 123 said:

Top left: 5v

Top right: Pacdrive

Bottom left: 5v

Bottom right: IPAC

I’m not sure if this is right!

Thanks👍🏻👍🏻

Don't forget Ipac and Pacdrive use different polarity grounds. One has -5v and the other has +5v

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

This diagram I did last week might help, as it shows the difference in polarities for Ipac and Pacdrive.

1184544802_hopperconfig.thumb.png.d551f9ded7dd8f912401b4f0af6bd8b6.png

So all your button switch has to do is make a connection between Ipac -5v and what ever pin you are using for that button input.

Edited by Amusements

21 minutes ago, Amusements said:

This diagram I did last week might help, as it shows the difference in polarities for Ipac and Pacdrive.

1184544802_hopperconfig.thumb.png.d551f9ded7dd8f912401b4f0af6bd8b6.png

So all your button switch has to do is make a connection between Ipac -5v and what ever pin you are using for that button input.

Hi @Amusements I’m halfway there with your info 😂😂

I’m just wondering, that -5v does it go to ground on the ipac.

Now I probably have got this completely wrong 😂

Thanks for your help so far👍🏻

1 hour ago, 123 said:

I’m just wondering, that -5v does it go to ground on the ipac.

The voltages go in to the Ipac and Pacdrive via the USB from your PC.
All you are doing with the Ipac (for button presses) is conecting the -5V ground pin to what ever pin is programmed for that button press in Winipacv2 software.

6 hours ago, Amusements said:

The voltages go in to the Ipac and Pacdrive via the USB from your PC.
All you are doing with the Ipac (for button presses) is conecting the -5V ground pin to what ever pin is programmed for that button press in Winipacv2 software.

Hi @Amusements I have just tried this, it works a treat!

Cheers mate 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Hi everyone just wondered if anyone could help me with mGalaxy. I decided to use this as my front end. I have just started setting it up and just wondered if anyone knows how to add covers/screenshots. 
image.thumb.jpeg.d4cecfa6b8c428f9ca16d9e5e4ad73f1.jpeg

Thanks 👍🏻

Edited by 123

• 5 months later...

hiya, firstly before anything I’d just like to say rest in peace to wizard it’s such sad news, I’ve just found out about what has happened and I’m completely shocked. RIP.

I didn’t know where to put this so I’ve just added it on here, over the last few months I’ve been playing around with my cabinet I made a bit back and have decided that even though it’s good I need to upgrade the pc to windows 10 so I can get the latest MFME and add ons such as dual screen. I did try to update the pc to windows 10 but got an error saying my processor isn’t good enough, so I was thinking of buying an upgraded cpu such as intel i3 or something that will at least run windows 10but I have no idea on whether you can just upgrade any cpu to whatever you wanted. Just wondered if anyone could give me some advise on where to go with this.

Thanks

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Hi mate

You can't just upgrade any CPU, it needs to be the correct socket on your motherboard

ah right, so if it's the correct socket type do you know if I can just replace an old cpu with an upgraded one or might the motherboard not support it?

Thanks

If you grab the free tool CPUZ that apparently gives you info on your CPU and mother board.

Failing that, speccy from piriform should do the trick to find out what motherboard you have.

Once you've done that, you can research what CPUs are compatible with said board.

Another way is to obviously just look at the motherboard.

That said, if you do find that it is compatible with a better CPU and decide to go down that path, don't forget the thermal paste and not too much either. Too much can often be worse than too little!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slasher said:

If you grab the free tool CPUZ that apparently gives you info on your CPU and mother board.

Failing that, speccy from piriform should do the trick to find out what motherboard you have.

Once you've done that, you can research what CPUs are compatible with said board.

Another way is to obviously just look at the motherboard.

That said, if you do find that it is compatible with a better CPU and decide to go down that path, don't forget the thermal paste and not too much either. Too much can often be worse than too little!

Thanks for all the help, I’ll have a look at what cpu is in the machine and whether an upgraded cpu is compatible with the motherboard and I’ll let you know what happens.

Thanks 

• Like 1

Hi @slasher I’ve been messing around with the pc today and the processor that’s in it according to google should run windows 10. These are the specs

8647CE6B-3FDD-4D47-AB8B-1CFAB3EBDB78.thumb.jpeg.e85e1fc2ee2469e8d305e82e19127801.jpeg

5D942CC4-0F53-4D91-ABEB-AC3040CFCA77.thumb.jpeg.c2a3ead4b4ad6e39e5bec5ec85106723.jpeg

so I tried  again to upgrade this to windows 10 but got this error 

F6DE11D9-49AC-4DEA-B8B5-88E678996A1C.thumb.jpeg.a5b20c7b6dfa8eeef18054ed504a672a.jpeg

so I’m not sure what to do as for all I know this is more than the minimum specs needed.

Thanks 

29 minutes ago, 123 said:

Hi @slasher I’ve been messing around with the pc today and the processor that’s in it according to google should run windows 10. These are the specs

8647CE6B-3FDD-4D47-AB8B-1CFAB3EBDB78.thumb.jpeg.e85e1fc2ee2469e8d305e82e19127801.jpeg

5D942CC4-0F53-4D91-ABEB-AC3040CFCA77.thumb.jpeg.c2a3ead4b4ad6e39e5bec5ec85106723.jpeg

so I tried  again to upgrade this to windows 10 but got this error 

F6DE11D9-49AC-4DEA-B8B5-88E678996A1C.thumb.jpeg.a5b20c7b6dfa8eeef18054ed504a672a.jpeg

so I’m not sure what to do as for all I know this is more than the minimum specs needed.

Thanks 

https://superuser.com/questions/950353/pentium-4-cpu-not-supported-for-upgrade-to-windows-10

Have a look here as well, slotsmagic has found a PC for only £100 that should be suitable

Yeah, that P4 computer will run Windows 10 like crap if you manage to get it on.

As in the previous post, that lenovo for £100 is decent, but https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenovo-Thinkcentre-M81-Intel-i5-2400-3-10GHz-4GB-Ram-500GB-HDD-Windows-10-Pro/193776376196?hash=item2d1df8d984%3Ag%3AS2AAAOSwHVVfx3ta&LH_BIN=1 should do you fine if you have space in the cabinet for it.

Edited by slasher
  • Like 1

I think this is probably the best option to just buy a new pc. I basically knew this computer would struggle to upgrade to win 10 before I started but what got me wanting to upgrade it was that I had an old laptop given

that’s been sat in the attic for years and yesterday I managed to get it on and I upgraded it from win7 to 10 and it surprisingly runs perfectly fine. So that got me thinking about upgrading the one in the cabinet. These are the laptop specs.

34DE42B1-C31B-446C-9DBA-F5022E239894.thumb.jpeg.8ab731a1c48ef99a5c2bcd6e5650d65b.jpeg

so I compared these specs with the one in the cabinet and saw that this has the upgraded cpu which is why I was going to put something like an Intel i3 or something like that in it. I mean for the price of these older cpus nowadays if it could work it might pay to try it but if it’s going to be running slow then I will definitely look into buying a pc. Thanks for the advise 👍🏻