Few questions

37 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Remember if you're using a pc power supply on its own, you need to bridge 2 pins together (i can't remember which, just Google it) to make it come on when the power is applied. 

Is this to power it on ?

When I add power to it now it works fine👍🏻

Im sorry I’m lost off with this 😂

Edited by 123

Hi @No1Stoney I’ve managed to rig the hopper and mech up with that power supply and the hopper is now working a treat, it’s just I now have a new problem 🤦‍♂️😂 the coin mech.

On WinIPAC I have set these 6 up as random keys and one of them being 0 as that’s insert £1 on most machines.
image.thumb.jpeg.65745b44207c3ba96cf6b0622df58541.jpeg

But the issue is when I insert £1s the coin sometimes rejects and sometimes doesn’t but either way it doesn’t add any credits on the machine. Now one of the pounds I inserted got stuck in the mech but it added the credits on the game. I just find this strange because sometimes the coin is accepted and the little led flashes twice but no credits are added on the machine (I have tried this on multiple games).

Also I tried inserting a 10p and it was accepted but inserted a £1 worth of credits.

Now I think I missing something huge here as there is quite a few problems especially some coins act as being accepted but no credits get added!

Thanks for all of your help so far, really appreciate it 👍🏻👍🏻

Best thing to do is open notepad and try each coin. See what keyboard press is being pressed with each coin you insert. That way you can tell if its winipac thats the problem. If coins are rejecting a lot it could be that the wires on the mech need checking to make sure they are firmly plugged in. If any of the ground wires aren't attached properly that will cause the mech to reject a particular coin type. Check all your connections are strong. 

Also, just checking, have you actually added a coin input for each coin type on the machine your testing with? You need to add a new button and assign it to a coin and keyboard shortcut.

1 hour ago, No1Stoney said:

Best thing to do is open notepad and try each coin. See what keyboard press is being pressed with each coin you insert. That way you can tell if its winipac thats the problem. If coins are rejecting a lot it could be that the wires on the mech need checking to make sure they are firmly plugged in. If any of the ground wires aren't attached properly that will cause the mech to reject a particular coin type. Check all your connections are strong. 

Also, just checking, have you actually added a coin input for each coin type on the machine your testing with? You need to add a new button and assign it to a coin and keyboard shortcut.

Hi @No1Stoney I don’t think I actually have added coin inputs for each coin 😂😂😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Just wondering how I add a new button to assign a shortcut, do I do it on this WinIPAC.

image.thumb.jpeg.786ba4bb398326dbea9f43cbfe88accd.jpeg

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid I’m useless at this bit 😂😂

Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻

Just click on the connector on WinIPAC that you have coin mech wires to, and click 'switch' then 'key' then choose a key from the 'primary' box. It saves automatically when you select a key. There should be 5 or 6 in total I think. But remember that a £2 coin acts as 4x50p inputs. I can't remember if it uses a separate input or not, but if it does, assign it to the same key as you do for 50p.

In MFME, add a 'lamp' click on it and select properties. Change the coin/note dropdown to the relevant coin and use the same shortcut for what you set in WinIPAC for that particular coin. Repeat that for 5p/10p/20p/50p . each layout usually uses the coin mech for £1 so shouldnt need one creating.

Its hard  for me to say which note/coin input you should use,. as each tech uses a different type. Just trial and error im afraid.

9 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Just click on the connector on WinIPAC that you have coin mech wires to, and click 'switch' then 'key' then choose a key from the 'primary' box. It saves automatically when you select a key. There should be 5 or 6 in total I think. But remember that a £2 coin acts as 4x50p inputs. I can't remember if it uses a separate input or not, but if it does, assign it to the same key as you do for 50p.

In MFME, add a 'lamp' click on it and select properties. Change the coin/note dropdown to the relevant coin and use the same shortcut for what you set in WinIPAC for that particular coin. Repeat that for 5p/10p/20p/50p . each layout usually uses the coin mech for £1 so shouldnt need one creating.

Its hard  for me to say which note/coin input you should use,. as each tech uses a different type. Just trial and error im afraid.

Ok thanks for breaking this down for me @No1Stoney you have really helped me throughout this

Cheers mate 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

27 minutes ago, 123 said:

Hi @No1Stoney this is probably an easy question but I can’t find it 😂

Just wondering if you could tell me where the properties option is on MFME.

image.thumb.jpeg.655ba50409588e15dccfd5f18acafc6f.jpeg
Thanks 👍🏻

Your trying to use Pacdrive for coin inputs.....IPac is for inputs. You have to allocate "0" or "9" (Or whatever is programmed as coin input in MFME) in Ipac and route to your coin input/mech.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

5 hours ago, Amusements said:

Your trying to use Pacdrive for coin inputs.....IPac is for inputs. You have to allocate "0" or "9" (Or whatever is programmed as coin input in MFME) in Ipac and route to your coin input/mech.

Ok, thanks 👍🏻

Hi @No1Stoney I’ve been messing around with the coin mech and setting the coins up in MFME. I’ve been testing on Homers Meltdown but I’ve been having a few issues. I went into edit mode to add a lamp but there was already lamps set out for different coins, so I went into properties and tried all the different types for the £1 and 10p and as I inserted the coins through the mech they were accepted but never added any credits on the machine!

Just wondered if you could help.

Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻

Hi @No1Stoney in WinIPAC I have the £1 coin set as 0 and in MFME the shortcut is set to 0.

image.thumb.jpeg.a5d210106715f52db3fe34532da2485f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bd6d5e3952ff65e98bd68a2b64258eba.jpeg

So I inserted a few pound coins through the mech and they were getting accepted, but no credits added to the machine. So I tried some more and 1 of the coins got stuck in the mech, but it added the correct credits onto the machine.

This made me think maybe there is something wrong with the mech, so I set up a different coin (10p) and it was exactly the same! But there was one thing I noticed that was strange, everytime I inserted a coin the little green led flashed once and that was the same with every coin I inserted. 

This is how I have the mech set up, I was just thinking maybe it is in the wrong way or something 🤷‍♂️

image.thumb.jpeg.ae54ac1919fb99bc53c46bd9b60572eb.jpeg

Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻

6 minutes ago, 123 said:

Hi @No1Stoney in WinIPAC I have the £1 coin set as 0 and in MFME the shortcut is set to 0.

image.thumb.jpeg.a5d210106715f52db3fe34532da2485f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bd6d5e3952ff65e98bd68a2b64258eba.jpeg

So I inserted a few pound coins through the mech and they were getting accepted, but no credits added to the machine. So I tried some more and 1 of the coins got stuck in the mech, but it added the correct credits onto the machine.

This made me think maybe there is something wrong with the mech, so I set up a different coin (10p) and it was exactly the same! But there was one thing I noticed that was strange, everytime I inserted a coin the little green led flashed once and that was the same with every coin I inserted. 

This is how I have the mech set up, I was just thinking maybe it is in the wrong way or something 🤷‍♂️

Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻

What version of MFME are you running? I don't see coin effects under Coin/Note.
In the past, I have had coins not credit via my coin mech until I enabled effects.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

Coin effects won't make a difference. Try this. Open notepad and insert each coin type into the mech. Check what keypress is typed into notepad. Does it match what you think each coin is set up to be? It sounds as if winipac isn't set up correctly. Not sure on the issue with it crediting occasionally tho. Have you double checked the wires into the mech and make sure they are all making good contact

32 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Coin effects won't make a difference. Try this. Open notepad and insert each coin type into the mech. Check what keypress is typed into notepad. Does it match what you think each coin is set up to be? It sounds as if winipac isn't set up correctly. Not sure on the issue with it crediting occasionally tho. Have you double checked the wires into the mech and make sure they are all making good contact

Hi I’ve been messing around with it and I’ve set up all coins (well supposed to have) but when I insert (eg 50p) on the game it adds 10p credit it’s the same with every coin when I insert a coin it’s adds the wrong credit 😂🤦🏼‍♂️(Just my luck)😂

@No1Stoney is the note pad this.

image.thumb.jpeg.8c8cb97135aba17014e22702add6eb28.jpeg

Thanks 👍🏻👍🏻

No I mean just the regular notepad that Windows come with. Or something like word. Just to see what keyboard press is being entered when you insert each coin type. If its entering the wrong credit amount to what you're putting in the mech, it will be your coin type is set up wrong for each of your coin lamps. 

2 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

No I mean just the regular notepad that Windows come with. Or something like word. Just to see what keyboard press is being entered when you insert each coin type. If its entering the wrong credit amount to what you're putting in the mech, it will be your coin type is set up wrong for each of your coin lamps. 

Ah right I’ll try that now 👍🏻