Few questions

Hi I’m new to MFME altogether but I would like to build a cabinet in the future but I have a few questions if anyone could help👍

Do I wire hoppers and coin mechs to a PacDrive or an ipac?

what are the recommended hoppers and coin mechs to buy?

can you program the coin mech (for certain credits inserted) and the hopper to payout the right amount on MFME?

sorry if these are simple questions but I am completely new to this and I would be appreciate it if anyone could help thanks!

Hi 123.

To answer some of your questions..

Hoppers wire into a pacdrice AND an ipac

Coin mech wires into the ipac too. 

There are a few hoppers you can choose from. I have used azkoyen U2 hopper (parallel version) others have used universal hoppers. There are others you can use too but check with someone before you buy as the pinouts need to be correct.

Use a cashflow 126dfx for the coin mech as they are simple to set up and use. I can help with wiring them up too. 

The coin mech connected to the ipac acts as a keypress for each different type of coin you insert into the mech so you can have the emulator work with each type of coin. 

Hoppers will payout correct amounts but mfme needs setting up correctly for each machine.

Hope this helps. Plenty have made their own cabinets including myself and you can make it pretty realistic to the real thing thanks to all the new emulator updates. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, No1Stoney said:

Hi 123.

To answer some of your questions..

Hoppers wire into a pacdrice AND an ipac

Coin mech wires into the ipac too. 

There are a few hoppers you can choose from. I have used azkoyen U2 hopper (parallel version) others have used universal hoppers. There are others you can use too but check with someone before you buy as the pinouts need to be correct.

Use a cashflow 126dfx for the coin mech as they are simple to set up and use. I can help with wiring them up too. 

The coin mech connected to the ipac acts as a keypress for each different type of coin you insert into the mech so you can have the emulator work with each type of coin. 

Hoppers will payout correct amounts but mfme needs setting up correctly for each machine.

Hope this helps. Plenty have made their own cabinets including myself and you can make it pretty realistic to the real thing thanks to all the new emulator updates. 

Hi No1Stoney, thanks for replying. 

If I had this would I be able to wire the buttons, coin mech and hopper or would I need multiple boards?

Can you configure what each button does in MFME or does each button have to be wired in the correct inputs?

Also would I need additional power for the hopper and coin mech? Thanks 👍

image.thumb.jpeg.19f04bd2153595675af52b767f1b18d2.jpeg

• Like 1

You will need that i-pac AND a pacdrive to be able to run the hoppers. The pacdrive also drives any lights. The coin mech and buttons will connect to the i-pac. 

With the buttons connected to the i-pac, you use the i-pac's software to map a specific keypress to each output. Then you can change any layout you download to suit how you've configured your i-pac. So for example, START on each machine is SPACE on the keyboard. So wire your start button to the i-pac and change that particular output to START.

You do need additional hopper for hoppers and the coin mech. 12v will do depending on what hoppr you choose. So if its 12v you use, you can take it from the pc you use in your build. Just splice and unsure molex connector or something. That's all I did. 

Hope that helps

1 hour ago, No1Stoney said:

You will need that i-pac AND a pacdrive to be able to run the hoppers. The pacdrive also drives any lights. The coin mech and buttons will connect to the i-pac. 

With the buttons connected to the i-pac, you use the i-pac's software to map a specific keypress to each output. Then you can change any layout you download to suit how you've configured your i-pac. So for example, START on each machine is SPACE on the keyboard. So wire your start button to the i-pac and change that particular output to START.

You do need additional hopper for hoppers and the coin mech. 12v will do depending on what hoppr you choose. So if its 12v you use, you can take it from the pc you use in your build. Just splice and unsure molex connector or something. That's all I did. 

Hope that helps

Hi I’ve just bought these

image.thumb.png.0125a4f979b773324ae553d1bb228f97.png
So will these Led buttons all work from an IPAC?

I am going to be using 15 led buttons all together. 

For the coin mech and hopper how would I connect them using a molex?

Is this the molex connector that I should use and how do I use this on the pc?

image.thumb.png.827a4f6aa57c10da44c42fccb1ff0a05.png

Thanks 👍

No. If you're using a pc, find an unused connector which you can use. Usually red yellow and black wires. Yellow is 12v , red is 5v and black is ground. Splice into the yellow wire to use as a 12v source. You don't need those connectors from ebay unless you want to create a connector that is. (I just joined them together using a terminal connector) 

As for your bulbs. You can only use 5v led bulbs on the pacdrive. If you use 12v bulbs (like traditional fruit machine bulbs) you will also need to daisy chain each bulb with the 12v source and then connect to the ipac. READ THE ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS AS PUTTING A 12V SOURCE ON THE PACDRIVE WILL DESTROY IT. 

I have a wiring diagram for a 126dfx which shows how to wire each pin to the rest of your build. Search ebay for dupont connectors as these are really useful for connecting wires to the pins of a coin mech. 

• Like 1

Would I be able to use a 12v power supply such as this ?

image.jpeg.70aee5e178235f3b569d0108aaf661e8.jpegAlso I think the buttons I have ordered have 12 volt lights so would the wiring diagram have to be like this ?

image.jpeg.ad76c7b94b4bea4e8f17ae7da76c2d2f.jpegDo the buttons wire up to the IPAC and the light part of the buttons wire up to the pacdrive or do they all wire up to 1 board?

thanks No1Stoney for your reply’s 👍

image.jpeg

Edited by 123

As wizard has said, its better to use 5v leds in the buttons. You can simply swap out the existing bulbs for led ones and use the buttons you have already purchased. 

I wouldn't bother with that power supply as you need to connect the 12v source to wiring inside your machine and you can do that from the power supply which will drive the pc. 

• Like 1

Ah right so if I use 5v leds I won’t need an extra power supply and the board won’t blow! Thank god I didn’t rig anything up😂 

No1Stoney if I buy those leds will they easily replace the bulbs or do I need new fittings for each button

Thanks again Wizard and No1Stoney👍

23 minutes ago, 123 said:

No, its a serial hopper. The pinout label says 'Data' and 'NC' etc . Look for one (if you choose this type of hopper) that has 'Control' and 'Coin' etc as that one is the parallel version you need.

22 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

No, its a serial hopper. The pinout label says 'Data' and 'NC' etc . Look for one (if you choose this type of hopper) that has 'Control' and 'Coin' etc as that one is the parallel version you need.

Would this work I think it’s parallel?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/254599467541?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=254599467541&targetid=909953938039&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006723&poi=&campaignid=10199419171&mkgroupid=101401892625&rlsatarget=aud-381667281083:pla-909953938039&abcId=1145983&merchantid=6995734&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5d6q3pyA6wIVWu3tCh3udwMrEAQYASABEgIZd_D_BwE

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COIN-MECHANISM-ENTRY-PLATES-AND-HOLDERS-MARS-COIN-CONTROLS-NRI-CASHFLOW-AND-AWP/223547118473?hash=item340c725389:g:o2kAAOSwJSJc~jX0

The one the seller has listed as a double entry, thats the one I use for that mech. You may also need to buy a coin mech holder or make something that the coin mech will sit in.

See above posts for mech wiring diagram

Also you will need this. It goes between the coin entry slot and the mech

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mars-coin-mech-Y-chute/164130037714?hash=item2636e99fd2:g:PqUAAOSw5iNecjaG

Just double check its defo the one for your mech

Edited by No1Stoney

Hi I’ve just ordered 

image.thumb.jpeg.d717a1368b6919d72233fab455c318ca.jpegAnd

image.jpeg.ae62f4d71abd3f36f220404a37089f0c.jpegAbout that Y chute could I not just make a my own chute for the coin to go to the mech.

I’m going to start the build next week, so thanks for all the help and I’d imagine a lot more help along the way 😂

Thanks again 👍🏻

15 hours ago, 123 said:

About that Y chute could I not just make a my own chute for the coin to go to the mech.

Yes of course you could. And you will need to make something to hold the mech to your cabinet too. I was lucky and found someone selling the metal work from a real fruit machine so I bought that.

Good luck with the build. Keep us all updated, looking forward to seeing how it comes together