Touch screen?

Jay4154

Hi All - loving these emulators but I was wondering if anybody has considered or indeed used a touch screen TV / Monitor to play these?  Guess it would be really good.  Especially on a large TV in portrait mode....

Appreciate any feedback as I'd love to see it working!!

Jay

• Like 1

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/search/&q=touchscreen&quick=1

A few people have brought up using Touchscreens. Personally I use a normal screen in portrait mode with LED buttons underneath using an Ipac & a Pacdrive.

If I had a spare touch screen, I would probably try a touch screen for the top glass/features, and use normal HD monitor underneath (both in landscape mode), for the bottom glass/reels, and then put LED button underneath for the Cancel/Hold/Nudge/Start ect.

• Like 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

Thanks for that information.  It does seem better to use the authentic buttons... only thing that might be difficult is how to configure for different machines as not all of them use the same layout.  I guess most buttons are the same though... I'm loving playing these roms... they are so good.  I have a real fruit machine which I have had for years called Return to the Haunted House..  can't find that Rom anywhere!

Thanks again

I see - so not too bad then... can you re-map buttons in the emulator as well then if needed...  well worth doing... think I will have a go - I've built a couple of arcades using the PI and they worked out really well - really fancy doing this as it will make the fruit machines much better.

Thanks for your help Jabbathehut!

I'm throwing in a couple of options, the 1st I've already done and the 2nd I'm considering:

1. An all-in-one desktop.  This is a monitor where all of the PC's components are inside of the monitor.  It doesn't make the monitor bigger/thicker, just a lot heavier due to the components.  I ran MFME on it and it responded well to the machine buttons.  Colour-matchine games like Bejewelled responded well on it too, originally designed for a mouse, and it kept up with the fast pace.  Sadly I lost it in 2015 and my house insurance replaced it with a normal desktop.  It's still an option for me again though if I was getting another new PC.

2. Monitor overlay.  Search for "touch screen overlay" and look for the right size and aspect for your monitor.  They clip on and run off a USB port.  My current monitor has a USB hub so I can just plug it in there for cable management.  Going to look for product reviews before I take the plunge though!