Requests/poll for future releases

tallman79

Hello...

I've had a look through the forum about future machine releases. Couldn't see anything, hopefully i'm not stating the obvious. For example would a DOND pure gold or Powerplay be emulated in the future? Would be good to have a request section, and the machines with the highest vote get considered. I appreciate all the people doing the machines/roms/emulators etc takes alot of man hours and time. Something i've been thinking about since joining the forum. Good to see what other people's views and thoughts are on this.

Thanks

Yes, the games you have mentioned are scorpion 6. The roms are encrypted in a new way and most of them also have whats called a TLD. Basically that's a time limited dongle. Bellfruit got greedy and decided to charge operators per year,  a bit like how most paid anti virus programs work

I think pretty much anything that has resources available gets emulated anyway. Providing they fall within the 3 year rule, are not encrypted, and the tech is emulated.

If someone finds new resources, (the older the better) and makes them available, then there is usually someone willing to make a layout. 

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

44 minutes ago, tallman79 said:

Cheers for that. Gives me a better understanding on how the whole process works. RIP Bellfruit

It was worth asking the question anyway. 

We've seen plenty of "surely that wont/can't be emulated" comments over the years, but Wizard has continued to surprise, so SC6 etc... I guess you never know. 

It's also worth collecting pictures and roms etc of unemulated techs, as even the latest machines will become vintage one day.

Many of the machines emulated over the past few years,  both old from the 70s and 80s and new machines from the past 10 years, weren't emulatable until 2016 onwards, but thankfully people still collected resources for them.

• Thanks 1