A4 DIF Advert - Crash 101 - Something Special...

Reg

Just a heads up - Crash 101 came into being on Kickstarter.

I got their early by chance...

We have another advert...

This time on the back cover...  ...literally the back of the annual...

The plans for the 3rd advert that went wrong due to be being A5 here...

...need to be shelved.

We need to do something really special for the back...

...yeah it cost a lot of money but I always said the next advert would be the last with Fusion, so we can really do something for special here.

BTW - no funds were used from this site for this - that is not the purpose of them - but wanted to give a heads up that this is on... ...again !

Thoughts welcome...

Not saying I'll go with it, but thoughts welcome...

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Ok. 

So sorted the problem and brightened up the original for the inside a little and changed some base colours.

This is what I think I'll go with they want the advert pretty quickly so I'll leave 48 hours for any suggestions.

Cheers.

389713429_DIFCrash011.thumb.png.076ebba03b4b623ba1b805d7dc29788c.png

• Like 1

looks ok.. but i would remove the bright "desert island logo" and replace with your original website logo, maybe make it a tad brighter or more attractive for a magazine 

and what about adding fruitemu.co.uk aka the mecca to the two listed underneath?

i see wizard's name is added to the fml list what about making him separate to the rest say underneath the DIF Logo As Mfme is how we get to play make the emulations

maybe "over three decades worth of slot action 

thanks to Wizard and his continued development of the MFME emulator 

Edited by vectra666

Thanks @vectra666 so the adverts focus on different things and have been themed.

• The first was was all about the site supporters.
  • The second one was all about Wizard and literally a huge thanks to him.
  • This one is all about the designers.

Will try again to brighten the logo for the original format - but I needed something to stand out more for an advert on the back cover.

Pete never responded whenever I have offered logos etc on videos and the focus is really on DX'Cellent and DADs.

• Like 1

Does MFME not stand for Multiple Fruit Machine Emulator? If so, you've got "Emulator" twice much like when people say "PIN Number" :P

Also yeah, I don't like the logo text but it's not my ad or money, so my opinion here probably doesn't really count lol

Edited by slasher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Does MFME not stand for Multiple Fruit Machine Emulator? If so, you've got "Emulator" twice much like when people say "PIN Number" :P

Also yeah, I don't like the logo text but it's not my ad or money, so my opinion here probably doesn't really count lol

Good call, yes I've changed that line you mention.

809720944_DIFCrash013.thumb.png.c4ac74229716f1f5f1cd560c017a6874.png

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Great advert Reg and seeing the names listed like that which spans some 18-19 years only goes to highlight just how niche this community is, and I feel that it makes it even more special and unique because of that.

As I had said before if you found FME for the first time now it would be quite something due to the maturity and capability of MFME and the quality of the classic and DX layouts produced. It was special enough, for me, when I found out about it's existence back in 2002.

It really is amazing what this community has been capable of producing over the years. We are, of course, spoilt now and naturally take much of it for granted.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

I think a link to your tutorial should be added to maybe entice people into having a go at layout design.  The advert is aimed at people who’ve actually accomplished this so possibly something like - these people did it, can you??

10 hours ago, dad said:

I think a link to your tutorial should be added to maybe entice people into having a go at layout design.  The advert is aimed at people who’ve actually accomplished this so possibly something like - these people did it, can you??

Damn a bit too late but a good idea. :(

I submitted the one above...

...still your site will now be on the back cover of Crash 101.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...