Another Build, with a few questions

Road Hog Mad

I'm thinking of building another machine, in something like an old jpm clubber cabinet (let me know if anyone has one local to Manchester, not bothered if its an empty one as i'll strip it anyway, but would prefer it to have its buttons).

Questions...

Can MFME support 4 hoppers? So I can have £1, 20p, 10p and a token hopper? (A broader range of games like Reel Crazy)

Has anyone setup a MARS ME 126 COIN MECH and do they have a wiring diagram? I prefer these coin controls as BF74 from the mecca does a cracking job and reprogramming them and he can program a bulk buy of tokens I could purchase.

Can the existing buttons on an old fruit machine be used? If they can, does anyone have a wiring diagram to the pac drive?

I'm thinking of using one of those all in on pc's that are touch screen but having proper buttons too, the touch screen would be ideal for deal or no deal types with the buttons on the top glass.

Any thoughts?

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Road Hog,

I used a Mars ME126 in my cabinet, and if you need any of the link details. I can either draw them up or take photo's and label them up.

I got some advice from Wizard over on Fruit EMU as I didn't realise that the coin mech connections needed to be grounded to enable coins.

If the worst came to the worst, you could even come and take a look as I am not a million miles from Manchester.

Pete 

Photo of the inside showing the ME126 below:

20190202_175550.jpg

57 minutes ago, WibbleWobble said:

Hi Road Hog,

I used a Mars ME126 in my cabinet, and if you need any of the link details. I can either draw them up or take photo's and label them up.

I got some advice from Wizard over on Fruit EMU as I didn't realise that the coin mech connections needed to be grounded to enable coins.

If the worst came to the worst, you could even come and take a look as I am not a million miles from Manchester.

Pete 

Photo of the inside showing the ME126 below:

20190202_175550.jpg

Hi could I have a link for the coin mech holder and coin chute you used please.

Thanks 👍🏻

1 hour ago, WibbleWobble said:

Hi 123,

I purchased both off ebay, however if you drop me a PM, I am having a clear out and I think I've got a spare coin mech holder.

Pete

Thanks for the offer 👍

But I’ve had a look at the mech and decided I’d be able to make something to hold it in place and funnel the coin through.

But Thanks again 👍

@WibbleWobble the back of your machine is a mind blower for me! Everything is so neat and tidy! The diversions from the coin mech, the wiring, everything, amazing! I have seen you have helped on other posts, but do you reckon you could put out an idiots guide to what you have done here? I am that idiot. I would love to be able to assemble the parts and follow directions and make something. If it resembled yours in any way, that would be amazing.

@davep180 I can certainly have a go and see what I can put together, but to be 100% honest I just picked all the ideas I liked and tried my best to implement them. What I'll try and do is put a build guide up. I did do a thread over on Fruit-Emu, but I have no problem starting again on here, as long as no one is going to get bored of me repeating myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...