DX'Cellent
Pook

Viz DX - BWB - MPU4

I originally released a DX of this back in 2005, the quality was OK but it was in the wrong cabinet and I always thought I could do better so I didn't include it during my re-release campaign.

This DX has completely remade from the ground up in the right cabinet this time and does the machine a lot more justice.

Thanks to @Reg for his initial Barcrest classic, @Big J for testing and @Wizard for MFME.

1122643934_VizDX_1.thumb.jpg.22220edb5a164ef8fb729b408355adda.jpg

Viz DX
Released - 10th July 2020
Author - Dave Pook
Manufacturer - BWB
Stake - 10p
Jackpot - £6
Shortcuts...
0 - Enter £1
9 - Enter 20p
` - Cancel
1 - Hold/Nudge1
2 - Hold/Nudge2
3 - Hold/Nudge3
H - Hi
L - Lo
E/F - Exchange For Feature
Space/G - Start/Gamble
Thanks to...
Reg - Classic
Big J - Testing
Wizard - MFME

Viz DX.zip

Edited by Pook
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8
  • Awesome 8

dxspin.gif.1990cda2521f8b579dadc6cbba572f0e.gif

Thanks for this and still have the comics;) including Beanos, Dandy, Whoopee etc.

Buggers, they missed out on one of the best characters:( 

Buster_gonad_viz_comic.jpg

Your DX's are at another level Pook.

They have a level of polish which would be in keeping with a professionally released video game.

I love a bit of Pinball FX3 on the PC and consoles, each table they release has an ever increasing awesome amount of detail and polish, they remind me of your layouts, such is the quality of what you produce.

Thanks for this awesome DX mate.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

It's a great DX this but is it really 20p a play with that award card?  If memory serves it was 10p?  Nonetheless I loved this era of Barcrest fruit machine and Viz was great fun to play on any stake 😃

Cheers Dave 🙂

10 minutes ago, stevedude2 said:

It's a great DX this but is it really 20p a play with that award card?  If memory serves it was 10p?  Nonetheless I loved this era of Barcrest fruit machine and Viz was great fun to play on any stake 😃

Cheers Dave 🙂

It is 10p, was spotted after I'd taken that shot, the actual DX does say 10p

39 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

Thank you for this. Only one question though, should Biff light up like the others as it doesn't seem to?

As always, graphics are awesome

Good spot, change Biffa to lamp 123 to fix, funny how swapping between the Barcrest & BWB roms can change the odd lamp here and there.

• Like 1

Yay! I love Viz!

Remember this in the club Caprice nightclub in Margate back in 1998.... oh those were the days!

Thanks Dave :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pook said:

Good spot, change Biffa to lamp 123 to fix, funny how swapping between the Barcrest & BWB roms can change the odd lamp here and there.

I've learned so much Dave in the past month. I think if I revisit the Volcano that I did, I might be able to make it better..... someone's asked me to do other things in the meantime though :D

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Multi Retro Man said:

I've learned so much Dave in the past month. I think if I revisit the Volcano that I did, I might be able to make it better..... someone's asked me to do other things in the meantime though :D

🤔😎🧐🧐

• Like 1

ezgif-6-228f2c936d48.gif

Absolutely stunning Dx this Dave, many thanks for this. Wouldn't guess you was playing an emu with the work on this.

Thanks for the Update:) Much more amazing than what we had 15 years ago.

Stay safe everybody. You might want to start taking a zinc tablet every morning too! (look it up)