which emulator for older machines?

jason field

hi guys, well ive finally got my new windows 10 pc.. I have downloaded the v20 emulator

on the main download page and got it working.., my question is will this only work with the downloads on this site?

if I wanted to play some 90s machines with files off say some other site will I need a different emulator

download ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Why would you want to go elsewhere as you will not find any better except with Dads FME which is linked here as he hosts several layouts which you won't find here plus most of the layouts are all updated, some you will need v5.1.

Your post makes no sense to me please explain?

22 hours ago, jason field said:

hi guys, well ive finally got my new windows 10 pc.. I have downloaded the v20 emulator

on the main download page and got it working.., my question is will this only work with the downloads on this site?

if I wanted to play some 90s machines with files off say some other site will I need a different emulator

download ?

Yes mate all machines will work except blacklist  all u need is v20 or 19.8

Edited by infection

ezgif-6-228f2c936d48.gif

22 hours ago, Big J said:

Why would you want to go elsewhere as you will not find any better except with Dads FME which is linked here as he hosts several layouts which you won't find here plus most of the layouts are all updated, some you will need v5.1.

Your post makes no sense to me please explain?

thanks for reply.. excuse me im new to this and still trying to understand it all.. basically ive downloaded the emulator but wanted 

to play 90,s machines but couldn't find the ones I wanted to play on this site? maybe im not looking in the right place?

I downloaded a file from somewhere else only because I couldn't find it on here but it would not play it, no idea why..

are there different emulators? or should the one I downloaded play any files? hope that makes sense.. 

thanks in advance for your kind reply.

jason

19 minutes ago, jason field said:

thanks for reply.. excuse me im new to this and still trying to understand it all.. basically ive downloaded the emulator but wanted 

to play 90,s machines but couldn't find the ones I wanted to play on this site? maybe im not looking in the right place?

I downloaded a file from somewhere else only because I couldn't find it on here but it would not play it, no idea why..

are there different emulators? or should the one I downloaded play any files? hope that makes sense.. 

thanks in advance for your kind reply.

jason

I am well aware of your noob status, i was there once too!!

If you tell us what you are looking for then we will be able to help but firstly have you read the New Members Section thoroughly? Have you used the Search box above? Have you looked in Downloads and Legacy Layouts (LL I believe is donators only)? 

Layouts from other sites will/should work but there are some older layouts which will need opening in v5.1(which you will find in Downloads too) when you close v5.1 whilst a layout is loaded in it it will ask you to save, hit yes, now it opens in v20 everytime.

If you have any issues put a picture up and I'm sure it can be solved.

Jason

• Like 2

On 10/07/2020 at 21:37, Big J said:

I am well aware of your noob status, i was there once too!!

If you tell us what you are looking for then we will be able to help but firstly have you read the New Members Section thoroughly? Have you used the Search box above? Have you looked in Downloads and Legacy Layouts (LL I believe is donators only)? 

Layouts from other sites will/should work but there are some older layouts which will need opening in v5.1(which you will find in Downloads too) when you close v5.1 whilst a layout is loaded in it it will ask you to save, hit yes, now it opens in v20 everytime.

If you have any issues put a picture up and I'm sure it can be solved.

Jason

sorry for the slow reply.. and thankyou, I was looking for the old 90,s machines like gladiators, james bond, monopoly, and viz, stuff like that..

maybe that's why, I have just donated.. I was going to anyway just didn't know how but after abit of reading ive done it 😉

will my account now become unrestricted? maybe that's why I couldn't find what I was looking for..

I will search for the 5.1 and try what you said thanks so much Jason.

regards, Jason 🙂

• Like 2

All layouts in the legacy layouts download section on here have been converted to work with the latest MFME v20.  A small few may show as blacklisted and if  you must play those then you would need MFME v19.8. 

Good luck and just have patience if things go wrong and don’t be scared to have a go and a tinker yourself with things.  

I am sure if you get completely stuck then people on here will help. 

• Like 4