which emulator version will i need please?

jason field

evening all..

i will be getting a new computer hopefully over the weekend with windows 10, ( im still on 7 lol )

as im more into 90,s machines and will most likely only want to play those on the emulator,

which version is best for me?  am i right in saying some of the older fruitys will not play on 

the latest emulator download? or will everything play on the latest one?

Also, i have a nice collection of 90,s machines so if theres anything you dont have good photos of?

for emulation id be more than happy to post/email some across 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jason field said:

thanks for the replies guys.. 

this is all new to me so without sounding silly is it easy to save the layouts? lol

Yes it's fine as long as your have a hard disk in your PC, otherwise you'll struggle and there might be a few other issues to overcome.

Assuming that's ok...

image.png.af30b33481ac0ad6fe047edb3a07c0de.png

...as easy as that.

Be sure the hard disk is installed tho - that's very important.  :mess_291:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jason field said:

thanks for the replies guys.. 

this is all new to me so without sounding silly is it easy to save the layouts? lol

BTW - on a serious note - there are no silly questions - this is all new to a lot of people so ask away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big J said:

You don't need to save anything in 19.8

Incorrect - if adjustments are made to the layouts on the legacy ones that @Geddy was talking about you may do.

All the legacy ones are .RES and .DAT layouts convereted to .FML.

Some things may need slight adjusting.

3 minutes ago, Reg said:

Incorrect - if adjustments are made to the layouts on the legacy ones that @Geddy was talking about you may do.

All the legacy ones are .RES and .DAT layouts convereted to .FML.

He never mentioned adjustments specifically, It looked like he meant playing a game on 19.8 then asking if it saves.

2 hours ago, Reg said:

Yes it's fine as long as your have a hard disk in your PC, otherwise you'll struggle and there might be a few other issues to overcome.

Assuming that's ok...

image.png.af30b33481ac0ad6fe047edb3a07c0de.png

...as easy as that.

Be sure the hard disk is installed tho - that's very important.  :mess_291:

very good point now you mention it reg, im going to be buying a new pc, they do these all in one type now, which is best ? those or the tower type?

or is that another silly question lol