Astra Classic Slot Hopper Error

logopolis

I downloaded Classic Slot from DADSFME the other day but it errors when I collect the bank. It makes that horrible high pitched error sound and says 31 100p hop. A RAM reset fixes it temporarily but the next time I collect a bank it does the same error. I filled it with coins but still get the error. How can I fix this?

45 minutes ago, logopolis said:

I downloaded Classic Slot from DADSFME the other day but it errors when I collect the bank. It makes that horrible high pitched error sound and says 31 100p hop. A RAM reset fixes it temporarily but the next time I collect a bank it does the same error. I filled it with coins but still get the error. How can I fix this?

Replied at DADsFME

https://dadsfme.com/index.php?topic=498.msg16941#msg16941

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
50 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Is this running the early expolitable roms @logopolis?

Also I'm sure there must be some dip settings as last time I played this XXX was £2 and Bars £5, never played one on that setting personally.

J

Yes indeed it is. cs101.u1 rom which is program 1.01   

Switch 1 needs to be on for the Xs to be £5 and bars £10.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Cheers fella, really appreciate that :)  I’ve got a mate of mine round on the weekend, I used to go with him to do one in Hull back in the day, I’m hoping he can show me any other setups, he did say there was a few.

Cheers fella :)

J

The main setup is the one I wrote in the notes but there were several sub setups to get to that main setup if you see what I mean!

4 hours ago, serene02 said:

Cheers fella, really appreciate that :)  I’ve got a mate of mine round on the weekend, I used to go with him to do one in Hull back in the day, I’m hoping he can show me any other setups, he did say there was a few.

Cheers fella :)

J

4 hours ago, logopolis said:

The main setup is the one I wrote in the notes but there were several sub setups to get to that main setup if you see what I mean!

bromantic memories eh... you two alone must've made more than bitcoin ;) 

living the dream

13 hours ago, logopolis said:

You must have made decent money on the pier back in the day but it's what you do with the money that counts the most.

12 hours ago, serene02 said:

I lost a shit ton, the worst combination is knowledge but no discipline.  I had some crazy good times especially early to mid 90’s.

J

yeah i drunk all mine and whored about like a 12th century peasant, had epic free times but neglected to bank it and see the future in it, the pier started moving away from the good era for me and gave up at 25's going to 35's.. hindsight's a bitch! haha.. i love the info that i'm seeing and discovering but again hindsight haha

living the dream

Obviously there were lots of low points but I just loved the danger and excitement. Back late 80’s early 90’s it wasn’t saturated with players so machines had a lot more casual play, you’d bump into clued up bods here and there while travelling to different areas and often swapped info, depending on what they had. This was just before mobile phones and the infonet so we weren’t all connected, as a result tricks lasted longer.

Biggest issue back then was getting barred from arcades!!

J

2 hours ago, serene02 said:

Obviously there were lots of low points but I just loved the danger and excitement. Back late 80’s early 90’s it wasn’t saturated with players so machines had a lot more casual play, you’d bump into clued up bods here and there while travelling to different areas and often swapped info, depending on what they had. This was just before mobile phones and the infonet so we weren’t all connected, as a result tricks lasted longer.

Biggest issue back then was getting barred from arcades!!

J

You're right about that. I started going round the pubs late 90s and there weren't too many players around that time. Banned from many arcades and pubs for absolutely no reason!

I mean around 1994-1995 alone we had so many machines to travel to play.

It was an exciting time compared to now, so many decent playable machines, so many manual emptiers and whilst I wasn’t a prolific plugger I’ve certainly done my fair share back in those days.

Had the police called on us a couple of times, few close scrapes but it was such a buzz at the time.  Me and a mate was plugging a Monopoly60 in a service station and a police car pulled up and came in, they walked straight past us… phew!!!

J

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, serene02 said:

I mean around 1994-1995 alone we had so many machines to travel to play.

It was an exciting time compared to now, so many decent playable machines, so many manual emptiers and whilst I wasn’t a prolific plugger I’ve certainly done my fair share back in those days.

Had the police called on us a couple of times, few close scrapes but it was such a buzz at the time.  Me and a mate was plugging a Monopoly60 in a service station and a police car pulled up and came in, they walked straight past us… phew!!!

J

Had something very similar! Was in a pub, just done both machine, get threatened by a local, then the barman, then the whole pub. Police called on us, we split quickly! Get caught up in traffic on the way out........ blue lights and siren behind us in the distance..... shit, what now, gets closer and closer. Windows open, refill keys, chuck them? Comes up behind us, ambulance lol! 

• Like 1

Ha ha, tell me about.

We found a virgin and original programme Bullseye, 6 token in a small village pub.  We’d literally been on it 10 mins and it was paying the 20p.  The whole pub stopped and you could hear a pin drop, we didn’t even finish our drinks,  headed for the door the landlord followed, my mate was pretty handy and he squared up to the bloke and asked him if there was a problem.  He threatened to call the police and my mate gave him his name and reg plate.  Lol, I went back with my other mate a few weeks later and he came and turned it off.  We found another little country pub couple miles from here and lo and behold we found another Bullseye!!  Had that one for a good few months, we actually got chatting to the owner here and he’d actually been on the Bullseye show and even had the little Bullseye Bully mascot you got for being on the show, nice bloke, felt bad hammering his machine, he said he’d never get rid of it.

Some great little country pubs on that particular stretch :)

J

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spa said:

Had something very similar! Was in a pub, just done both machine, get threatened by a local, then the barman, then the whole pub. Police called on us, we split quickly! Get caught up in traffic on the way out........ blue lights and siren behind us in the distance..... shit, what now, gets closer and closer. Windows open, refill keys, chuck them? Comes up behind us, ambulance lol! 

Snettisham pub had a Card Shark. They followed us in a car all the way up to the A148 but when we turned off to go back towards Norwich they turned back.

• Like 1