Building my first Fruit machine - New Member

craignicholls

Slow progress, but update on a dry fit of the cabinet and construction of the button console, which will attach to the bottom.

Worth the effort, but cabinet cutting and design is a real learning curve for me, many mistakes... but MDF is cheap:)

It's starting to come together, when full assembled I will be looking to cover with vinyl rather than paint.

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Your project is really coming along nicely. You cant beat doing it yourself! In the end, you get all the satisfaction of a working project:)

I noticed you are using 15 illuminated buttons, so I assume you are only going to add one hopper (Unless you are using 2 PacDrives (16 outputs each))

Just in case you had not thought of it already?......I would recommend adding a few hidden buttons (non illuminated) (esc) (F3) (F6) as I have found these invaluable on my set up. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

42 minutes ago, Amusements said:

Your project is really coming along nicely. You cant beat doing it yourself! In the end, you get all the satisfaction of a working project:)

I noticed you are using 15 illuminated buttons, so I assume you are only going to add one hopper (Unless you are using 2 PacDrives (16 outputs each))

Just in case you had not thought of it already?......I would recommend adding a few hidden buttons (non illuminated) (esc) (F3) (F6) as I have found these invaluable on my set up. 

Thanks Amusements, agreed i am getting a great deal of satisfaction from this build for sure.  

Thanks for the heads up on the buttons, there are a couple of extra buttons on the sides of the console  (pinball flipper style) and based on your comment, i will also add a couple hidden on the bottom - so appreciated.!

At this stage i don't think i will be adding a hopper, but perhaps my next build :)

Hopefully i can replicate the finish on this similar to my arcade bartop, but that machine CNC'd and my cuts are not as good...:) 

• Like 1