Maygay 123231 or was it 123232313 or was it 123321

Mort

Completely random one this.

I remember on Maygay's (the M1a era)  that you could do a button press combination during attract mode to get the 2nd hold button to flash away. Rumour had it that it would then give a JP shortly after haha ! I remember doing this trick on the m1a Italian Job a few times. I actually believe it to be a routine to dump game data down to the serial port, but I didn't know that at the time :D (heh I was young and stupid !)

Funny thing is I have tried a few combinations on the emulator but cannot get it to work ?

Does it work on MFME or am I talking complete gibberish ha !?

Edited by Mort
  • Like 1

Yep works on Cluedo as well cheers Clo06.

Same behaviour as with Chain Reaction in that only middle button flashes, game locks up and nothing shown on MFME diagnostics window.

Someone mentioned it might be using an IR port, so hence maybe MFME diagnostics doesn't show or support this.

I'm just interested after all these years to actually see what the machine is doing.

image.thumb.png.6648b941fa1d54bf635c1910132d4caf.png

Edited by Mort
  • Like 1

There is one thing the emulator does not do and that is give a free 9 credits by switching it off and on quickly and frequently. Worked on a lot of original program Barcrests including,

Eighth Wonder

Jolly Joker

Jolly Taverner

Cloud 999

Blue moon

Big Chief

Apache

and Gamball.

There are others but those are off the top of my head. As for the middle button thing a guy showed me that years ago but never got anything from it so it never interested me. 

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Yep works on Cluedo as well cheers Clo06.

Same behaviour as with Chain Reaction in that only middle button flashes, game locks up and nothing shown on MFME diagnostics window.

Someone mentioned it might be using an IR port, so hence maybe MFME diagnostics doesn't show or support this.

I'm just interested after all these years to actually see what the machine is doing.

I have now added the output to the diag window in v20. On a real machine it sends this to a IR led so the data could be collected by a handheld device.

Edited by Wizard
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

I have now added the output to the diag window in v20. On a real machine it sends this to a IR led so the data could be collected by a handheld device.

That's really great thanks Wizard. Will look out for that in the next release :)