CCnR + Clones

Mort

I have been enjoying playing the S2 clubbers Cops N Robbers, Public Enemy No1 and Premier Manager the last few days. Having a bit of fun bringing back some memories particularly with regard to CCnR and I have been playing both the Harvey and Pook DXs as they both offer different styles and both take equal place as part of my playable set.

I have also been hammering PEN1 (the brilliant Pook DX) and whilst I really appreciate the theme and sound of this machine I am sort of glad I didn't come across it in real life as it seems to play a much tighter game than CCnR. I will be having a good go at TommyC's wonderful Premier Manager DX next, and I understand this plays an even tighter game yet again (I believe Premier Manager was a later clone of PEN1).

I would love to hear from any of you with your stories of playing CCnR and clones in the wild to find out more about them and how they got really played properly, e.g. for getting the cashpot, forcing for jackpot etc.

Also, anyone know of any other clones of this type of machine ? I know about Treasure Island which is on S4 I believe.

Also, it would be great if MFME had a way of giving the Dot Matrix a slight glow effect for each dot/pixel, I'm not sure if it would be possible to achieve this with an overlay ?

Edited by Mort
  • Like 2

One clone is Ronnie O Sullivan's Snooker as well.

The only CnR story I have is I used to play it in a Snooker Club, they only had two machines at this time.  The problem here is you were forever waiting for one of them to become free.

You always knew it was going to pay when cashpots started dropping in.  Next to the machine was a very large TV for the time.  It was like...

Bar -   Pharoahs Gold  ---  Cops N Robbers   --- TV

Pool Table -----   Seating ----  Seating  --- Seating

The guy playing CnR at the time while we were waiting to play was spending more time watching the TV then playing and really bloody slow.

Anyway, he then decided to not watch the reels with a random press of start and was facing his mate who was also on the seating chatting.

At one point after shit loads of time not playing, not pressing the buttons quickly and not even watching the bloody machine - with his back turned - it dropped in all cashpots !

This apart from annoying a few of us - made a stupid mate of mine get the idea that it was "more lucky" to play these bloody machines without really looking or paying attention to what was going on.  He started the most annoying habit from this guys win - god it was awful and when waiting for this pillock - time went even slower to get your turn on the machine !

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

My experience in the wild with CCnR is similar to what you mention, our clubbers were always £75, you could often get a decent £££ from even Crime Wave if you were lucky but mostly from Great Train Robbery... never saw the fabled Cop the lot though.  Yes in my experience PEno1 was a bastard compared to it's predecessor.  I would say a lot of folks played it hoping to be a re-brand of CCnR but it was not... very tight by comparison...

• Like 1

Not Retired from FME June 2022

2 hours ago, Reg said:

One clone is Ronnie O Sullivan's Snooker as well.

The only CnR story I have is I used to play it in a Snooker Club, they only had two machines at this time.  The problem here is you were forever waiting for one of them to become free.

You always knew it was going to pay when cashpots started dropping in.  Next to the machine was a very large TV for the time.  It was like...

Bar -   Pharoahs Gold  ---  Cops N Robbers   --- TV

Pool Table -----   Seating ----  Seating  --- Seating

The guy playing CnR at the time while we were waiting to play was spending more time watching the TV then playing and really bloody slow.

Anyway, he then decided to not watch the reels with a random press of start and was facing his mate who was also on the seating chatting.

At one point after shit loads of time not playing, not pressing the buttons quickly and not even watching the bloody machine - with his back turned - it dropped in all cashpots !

This apart from annoying a few of us - made a stupid mate of mine get the idea that it was "more lucky" to play these bloody machines without really looking or paying attention to what was going on.  He started the most annoying habit from this guys win - god it was awful and when waiting for this pillock - time went even slower to get your turn on the machine !

Don't you just hate it when someone that hasn't a clue spawns a big win by doing stupid stuff while you're patiently waiting for the machine to become free?!

Especially when it's an undeserved win like you describe!

• Like 2

Great story Reg ! I have been trying to work out how the cash pots progress (at least with regard to the 7 seg display) on CCnR and it seems to roughly equate to 6.25p for every £1 inputted. Meaning they should be ready at £200 after around £2,400 IN taking into account the pots starting at £50.  I am not sure this directly relates to cashpot readiness to pay though, as I found after leaving the machine with autoplay setup one evening that it paid out the cashpot after around £1600 in which would have seen a cashpot payout of around £150. I didn't witness it myself but found out when I next checked the layout. It must have spun in though, as I can't believe the auto play nudged in the cashpot on it's own lol ! It's a bugger as I never seem to get the cashpot myself but autoplay always bloody manages it !

Geddy I used to play CCnR at £75 at our union bar in university. We used to hear about drop the lot/cop the lot as well but I only found out years later that this feature only existed on the AWP. I always used to get £40 crime waves as well, and strangely I have never seen a £40 crime wave on the emulator, I think £17.00 is the highest I have seen so far. I always used to collect Great Train Robbery as well. I got my first jackpot on CCnR last night, gambled into millionaires row, and then it kept going building up cash all the way to £200. I thought it was bound to kill or fine me around the £50-£80 mark but nope it kept going - great feeling !

• Like 1

CCnR £200 JP

I got on millionaires row, went past £50, so jackpot is on, great.

It got to £196, landed on Go To Court and asked if I wanted to bribe, I said yes. It did this twice taking around £10 each time.

Then I eventually got to £199 , it landed on Go To Court again, no bribes left, and it fined me £12.

Bastard !

• Haha 1