Best place to find old/newest downloads

jackpotjon05

1 minute ago, jackpotjon05 said:

On a different subject and moving on......

Does anyone know why when I go into WinRAR why it says after 40 days I need to buy a license and how to get around this please?

It keeps warning me and obviously need this program to enable games/downloads so can anyone advise please?

No NOW I rest my case...

It's because when you downloaded it you got a FREE trial.  After the FREE trial you have to pay for it.  

If you use Google (it's a search engine) it will maybe tell you how to 'get around it' or even suggest an alternative... here I've done it for you...

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=winrar+alternative

• Like 2

Not Retired from FME June 2022

This is why I am getting confused....

I've read all the tutorials and tried to make sense of it, so now have gone into the legacy section and download the ''P'' section ok?

I've loaded up public enemy which seems to have ram and gam files in, extracted it and put into folder (just as I did with other games) and loaded up the 19.8 emulator and the game wont run.

Why please?

4 minutes ago, Geddy said:

You need the ROMS,  a game consists of a layout and a set of roms.  The legacy section only has the layouts.

RIGHT, so why when I asked how to play the newest/latest games ''please'' did u send me into the legacy section?

Do u now understand why im getting confused when I go into another section within legacy and doctor who is in there and it works?

So are u saying some machines in that section do work, or none because you just said it only contains layouts.

So the long and short of it, if I want to try games don't bother going in there?

That was my original question.

And another thing......why when you download it the roms seem to there, because it looked like it to me in downloads when you go to extract it

Edited by jackpotjon05
  • No 1

16 minutes ago, jackpotjon05 said:

RIGHT, so why when I asked how to play the newest/latest games ''please'' did u send me into the legacy section?

Do u now understand why im getting confused when I go into another section within legacy and doctor who is in there and it works?

So are u saying some machines in that section do work, or none because you just said it only contains layouts.

So the long and short of it, if I want to try games don't bother going in there?

That was my original question.

And another thing......why when you download it the roms seem to there, because it looked like it to me in downloads when you go to extract it

I sent you to the Legacy section because that has ALL the layouts in one place.  To keep it simple.

I don't know why you are getting confused as that is where ALL the layouts are (some are in different places as layouts get released in their own thread)

ALL the layouts work but they need roms, that is clearly explained in the Legacy section IF you read it which I presume you neglected to do so hence you would not be getting confused.  https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/37-legacy-layouts/ 

I can also presume you have not read this...

... as again if you had you would understand you need roms and layouts to play the games.  Rest assured with v20 you will have to do near to zero work to get the games to work as when you load a layout the emulator itself will run around the internet grabbing the roms for you... how cool is that.

Edited by Geddy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Geddy said:

I sent you to the Legacy section because that has ALL the layouts in one place.  To keep it simple.

I don't know why you are getting confused as that is where ALL the layouts are (some are in different places as layouts get released in their own thread)

ALL the layouts work but they need roms, that is clearly explained in the Legacy section IF you read it which I presume you neglected to do so hence you would not be getting confused.  https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/index.php?/files/category/37-legacy-layouts/ 

... as again if you had you would understand you need roms and layouts to play the games.  Rest assured with v20 you will have to do near to zero work to get the games to work as when you load a layout the emulator itself will run around the internet grabbing the roms for you... how cool is that.

Ok super, thankyou.

I did read this yes hence how I got 19.8 to work.

I thought 19.8 automatically would upgrade to v20 by clicking the update button ''about'' but I take it it's a different emulator completely?

Can u provide the link to this please, as will give it a download and try doing it this way.

9 minutes ago, Geddy said:

@Wizard

On the subject of v20 “finding the roms” how will it know what roms to put in?

say a dond £5 layout which requires only £5 roms as £70 won’t work in that layout will it find the exact ones and load them into the layout and what about set up with the note acceptors etc? Will it do that for you?

where will mfme get the roms from, will it be a certain site it gets them from?

if say this site would you need to be a member of that site beforehand and what if you were a non donating member where do they stand

once mfme has found the roms what happens to the game upon closing are the roms automatically saved within your layout for future usage or will it need to download them again and again 

what if you’ve no internet then mfme would be worthless? 
finally what if you’ve loaded a layout which you already had say cash counter would mfme find the roms and overwrite existing ones which could overwrite a early rom with a later version?

Sorry for so many questions 

10 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

@Wizard

On the subject of v20 “finding the roms” how will it know what roms to put in?

say a dond £5 layout which requires only £5 roms as £70 won’t work in that layout will it find the exact ones and load them into the layout and what about set up with the note acceptors etc? Will it do that for you?

where will mfme get the roms from, will it be a certain site it gets them from?

if say this site would you need to be a member of that site beforehand and what if you were a non donating member where do they stand

once mfme has found the roms what happens to the game upon closing are the roms automatically saved within your layout for future usage or will it need to download them again and again 

what if you’ve no internet then mfme would be worthless? 
finally what if you’ve loaded a layout which you already had say cash counter would mfme find the roms and overwrite existing ones which could overwrite a early rom with a later version?

Sorry for so many questions 

1) Reading the gam

2) Yes

3) Secret rom site...sushhh

4) Member yes, non donator same situation as they are in now perhaps.

5) Roms are downloaded so once you have them you have them

6) No

7) No

• Like 2

@jackpotjon05 I think you need to be careful with your wording buddy.

You may not intend to come across as being arrogant, but that's how you're coming across, people will down vote arrogant posts and you'll end up with negative reputation like now. 

You'd be better off saying "well, I looked there but I found xyz which wasn't ABC, however, looking through the guides it says def... I've done this and that but I'm still a bit stuck, could you please assist?" rather than "NOPE, done that, didn't work"

Don't forget text on the internet can come across very differently to how it is said in person with a smirk or smile.

I had a similar experience when I first got into the scene, but you can see why people get annoyed if everyone asks the same question. Anyway I sussed out where I was going wrong and now I'm making the odd classic layout.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

@Wizard

As there are no RAM files provided, it won't be able to set up the ccTalk devices

It only looks on the internet if the required file is not found in the local folder.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, slasher said:

You may not intend to come across as being arrogant, but that's how you're coming across, people will down vote arrogant posts and you'll end up with negative reputation like now. 

You'd be better off saying "well, I looked there but I found xyz which wasn't ABC, however, looking through the guides it says def... I've done this and that but I'm still a bit stuck, could you please assist?" rather than "NOPE, done that, didn't work"

Don't forget text on the internet can come across very differently to how it is said in person with a smirk or smile.

I had a similar experience when I first got into the scene, but you can see why people get annoyed if everyone asks the same question. Anyway I sussed out where I was going wrong and now I'm making the odd classic layout.

That's the problem with text and the internet these days, it's just words and can be taken completely the wrong way.

If anyone does read this, I don't have any intention of coming across in a bad way at all. In fact without blowing my own trumpet, I like to feel I am actually a very fair and decent guy, but each to their own I suppose.

I haven't had any problems on here till now and I've seen a lot worse posts if im honest and the way they are worded is shocking, so maybe lets start again.....

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, slasher said:

That is why I won't bother after treating me like some dickhead a couple of months ago or so, some people need to grow up!!

36 minutes ago, wearecity said:

The frustrating thing is people not reading what has been written and sometimes written numerous times.

Also the search box on the site, not being used. In this case a simple search for the word Doctor would have found Pooks layout.

Nail on head... that's the point.  We are sort of expect or assumed to help at every turn even though the 'newbie' can't or won't do anything for themselves.  Like I've said previous I was offered a decent chunk of cash to hand deliver and install the layout collection onto someone's PC... I would hate to work in IT tech support... you must get some right numpties.. 😁

7 hours ago, Wizard said:

Erm buy a license?

Not every program on the internet is free. This one is time limited although it will still work after 40 days, it just has a nag screen.

21 minutes ago, jabbathehut said:

winrar continues working even after the trial period

That's what I said isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...