My prototype bartop cab

saunders22

Hi all hope you are well,

Been working on a little lockdown project. I have no woodwork experience unless school counts? Over 15 years ago lol. Just waiting on my buttons, and ipac, speakers and amp to arrive. Not going to add a coin mech or hopper to this one. But my larger scaled project I will. Anyone got any pointers on making an emu payout with emulation? 

Stay safe,

20200531_200819.jpg

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

On 31/05/2020 at 20:32, saunders22 said:

Hi all hope you are well,

Been working on a little lockdown project. I have no woodwork experience unless school counts? Over 15 years ago lol. Just waiting on my buttons, and ipac, speakers and amp to arrive. Not going to add a coin mech or hopper to this one. But my larger scaled project I will. Anyone got any pointers on making an emu payout with emulation? 

Stay safe,

20200531_200819.jpg

Fairplay, Simon it don't matter about any skills you have or not.....its just great to again see member's idea's been put to use and sharing. Thank you!

Keep us posted with updates.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Fairplay, Simon it don't matter about any skills you have or not.....its just great to again see member's idea's been put to use and sharing. Thank you!

Keep us posted with updates.

Cheers Evo,

I will do had a play about with those cheap zero delay board's. And for what I wanted it to do it wasn't bad. Pain in the backside when mapping buttons but I sorted it.

But I messed up with my buttons panel.  Woods too thick for the threads to catch. So I'm looking for another solution for that. 

But by tomorrow evening I should have a complete working cab

Gonna be saving the ipac2 for my next project now. 

1 hour ago, Luuk said:

I believe mfme is setup so that the software will simulate a coin insert and payout. Those settings can be tweaked, altered to your liking within the main program.

i guess get the layouts you like and start playing👍

Cheers Luuk,

I hope you are welll.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saunders22 said:

But I messed up with my buttons panel.  Woods too thick for the threads to catch. So I'm looking for another solution for that. 

You can always drill a hole from underneath, going part way through the thick wood, and make the bottom part of the hole big enough for the plastic nut to tighten the button.

bits.thumb.jpg.b9dffda5f777e049737260c59e957cf4.jpg

• Like 2

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

11 hours ago, saunders22 said:

Cheers Evo,

I will do had a play about with those cheap zero delay board's. And for what I wanted it to do it wasn't bad. Pain in the backside when mapping buttons but I sorted it.

But by tomorrow evening I should have a complete working cab

Gonna be saving the ipac2 for my next project now. 

Ipac and pacdrive are awesome, so easy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, slasher said:

Buttons look like Reflex ones.

Decent first go!

Was going to suggest the drill half way idea but I've been beaten to it!

Sorry to point this out though - you're missing an apostrophe in "Simon's" :P

Lol good spot Slasher. But you can't add special characters, in the font I was using. 🤣

• Like 1