Designer Help!

Tonymce

Hi Guys,

I did so much reading and testing with MFME lastnight to try and get a full understanding on designing layouts, lamps etc... One day I would really like to be able to help out with updating older layouts, new ones and even customs, if you guys like the custom angel... but I could really do with some type of links to a guide or tutorial with designing graphics please if anyone is happy to help me out 😀 I will figure it out, but a guide might cut the time down. Plus how do roms work? can you make your own to work with a new layout? sorry for the Q's... horrible being a noob at my age lol!

Thanks Guys

Stay Safe!

Edited by Tonymce
  • Like 2

This maybe some help to get up and running...

It does not do graphics - but if you do the classics first - the graphics are actually just a couple of steps away.

I'd walk before you run on designing and I promise that if you get a couple of classics under your belt - it's an easier transistion to the DX type layouts.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tonymce said:

Thanks @Reg That's a big help 😀 ... Also what do you mean by "Classics" and "DX"? 

A classic is a one that doesnt include the art and design e.g simpsons machine without all the characters pictures etc and a dx is Including all the artwork for example  Simpsons would include images of bart and look exactly like the machine in rl

• Thanks 1

ezgif-6-228f2c936d48.gif

4 minutes ago, infection said:

A classic is a one that doesnt include the art and design e.g simpsons machine without all the characters pictures etc and a dx is Including all the artwork for example  Simpsons would include images of bart and look exactly like the machine in rl

Thanks @infection  👍 I should of just read the guide that @Reg sent me first before posting more questions 😉 ... lol!

• Like 2

Good luck, it's not overly difficult and there are plenty of people who can help if you get stuck. 

Definitely have a go at producing the layout in the guide. That's what got me started in doing my first layout, some 16 years after first downloading the emulator.