A4 DIF Advert - Fusion 2021 - The Third Advert...

Reg

In 2019, we did an advert in Crash...

In 2020, we did an advert in Zzap64...

This year the 2021 advert will be in Fusion...

Kickstarter Link

I wasn't going to do this again - but figured what the hell - how can we not ?

Here are the last two adverts...

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_09/FinalWIP.thumb.jpg.fc3c4dcd79a3a05a1a538e2d0d67f079.jpg

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_12/Left.thumb.JPG.46e562b565f5d8416d8fdc5355ee69a4.JPG

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_05/DIF_WIPtoshare.thumb.png.8da55cc417c104589f775b72e4bc23d7.png

https://www.desertislandfruits.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2019_10/IMG_0703.thumb.JPG.4570f81cf9202909e3e1afdf599f74b7.JPG

I have no idea at the moment what the third one will look like, apart from the following that is present in my mind...

• I want to keep the same background, fonts and logo, thinking yellow background and black font ( see below ).  Let's go for a trilogy of adverts.
  • The first one advert celebrated the scene as a whole including sites and the community...
  • ...the second one celebrated Wizard and MFME...
  • ...the third one, I want to celebrate this site, DX'Cellent, DADsFME and The MPU Mecca.
  • Backed members will not be shown this time and there are way too many following The Wine for Wizard driver.

The 2020 advert sporting a nice yellow and black...

1911536635_YellowWIP.png.6aac1cc7f8b5feabbf782955ae9532ef.png

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

example.png.14293d0682e3503781a4dd4e729e4b0b.png

Looking for some help here please - above is the WIP so far - it's very rough.

I want to show multiple machines going forward in time, with the oldest at the front starting at Nudge Shuffle, but would like some ideas on good DX's going back through time - but here is the challenge.

We've got the first machine, I need to know the year, we then need to do another five beyond what we have here already from @Amusements.

I want to include current DX'ers on here so we have @Pook, @dad, @Tommy c and @vectra666 to include and I also want to slot one in from @Spidy21982.

The layouts will start with the one from @Amusements and get newer as the timeline and tempory arrows show ( will replace those ).

They need to be very good DX's as this is going ot print and also know the dates of the machine.

Can anyone helps with this timeline and the machines please ?

Also, going to include the three FME sites.

Not interested in Fruit-Emu, I never even got an acknowledge or thanks from the site owner for the past two times I included his URL.

@dad, @Pook and @pete_w - please let me know if you don't want me to include your site logos on this.  Also those were just placed on - if you have a very high resolution version or want to do something different, I'll leave that up to you.

Thanks all.

• Like 3

How many years has fruit machine emulation and wizards emulator in particular been going now if it’s in it’s 21st year you could include the saying 21years 21st century and still going strong with some pictures marking the evolution of fruit machine emulation from the first classic released (viva espania) to a present day hi res emulation of your choice 

with another slogan taken from my signature fme alive and kicking into the 21st century make the background art kind of Star Wars looking space? With neon lettering etc

@Reg you say you want hi res dxs to front the page but shouldn’t a classic layout be there too as they are the skeleton of any layout made and the classic designers never get the credit they deserve

Edited by vectra666

Ok so that is a good idea about classic layouts.

The classic designers get plenty of thanks in release threads and to be honest, graphics sell and this is what I am trying to do with the advert - sell the site.

I have done more classics probably then anyone and if you are marketing something they're going to look at pretty - now I know classics are pretty as well with what can be done - but I need to focus on DX's.

So if you want to celebrate the Classic layouts there are still three adverts available and if you pick one up, we can do two and I pass the final classic version of this over to you if that's ok.

I've funded this personally and can't afford to do a second.

• Like 1

I’d say dx wise you have one from 1981/2 you now need the following 

1990-94- something token era say AE,s 777 heaven
or a pook dx

95-2000 - classic jpm roller coaster by tommy c

2000-2005 a barcrest machine of this era

2006-2016 - dond or clone pick one of my donds maybe,  or Astra machine 

right time right deal £100 or a reflex machine?

problem is there’s so many to choose from and so many excellent creators

that way you’re showcasing not just the dxs but the manufactures that define those eras of emulation

57 minutes ago, vectra666 said:

I’d say dx wise you have one from 1981/2 you now need the following 

1990-94- something token era say AE,s 777 heaven
or a pook dx

95-2000 - classic jpm roller coaster by tommy c

2000-2005 a barcrest machine of this era

2006-2016 - dond or clone pick one of my donds maybe,  or Astra machine 

right time right deal £100 or a reflex machine?

problem is there’s so many to choose from and so many excellent creators

that way you’re showcasing not just the dxs but the manufactures that define those eras of emulation

I'd second the 1990-94 suggestion.... 777-HEAVEN would be recognisable for the standard member of public in both the amusement arcade (seaside or city) and in the pubs at that time. If you've never seen a 777 HEAVEN, then you're either very young, or Stevie Wonder. CrazyPAYS and Sevens&MELONS are up there too.... ACE's 'PLAY IT AGAIN' would be a back-up choice.

2000 to 2005 I think 'Psycho Cash Beast' was the game to play. I'm sure someone will slap me down if I'm wrong about the year...

2010 original 'Deal or no Deal' Edmonds has to appear. If you look on YouTUBE, theres a couple of decent episodes of 'Noels House Party' to watch.

Useful if we are pushing for recognisable games..

I remember Maygay's M1a Coronation Street being top of the charts in the back of Coinslot for weeks on end back in the day.  I think @A:E did a fabulous DX of it many years ago which still looks amazing even today.  That would be a good DX to showcase - 1996 I think it was.  Well-known brand, lots of units sold, instantly recognisable.

On that subject I recall Bell Fruit selling over 2000 units of their Eclipse Monopoly, as did Vivid with Pie Factory.  They were all around the pubs.

In terms of games that are memorable for innovation and popularity - orignal DOND, Roller Coaster, Psycho Cash Beast.  So hard to pick only a few.  You probably want to have a different manufacturer for each pic.

Best of luck with the ad 🙂

On 27/05/2020 at 20:17, jabbathehut said:

I would maybe steer away from licensed names like deal or no deal etc could bring some unwanted attention. 

Good idea - that changes the plans a little - this is what I am with so far...

75657379_DIFFusion003.thumb.jpg.2de4e1848cb7b775f7068e67201efbb2.jpg

• Like 2

So this is what I've ended up with - this one is about the designers past and present.

Obviously the ex-member who does what he does with DVD's will not be on here.

The names are in no special order, just how this site spouted them out.

I DID add a couple of others to the list, as this is past and present.  For this, I added Pandy and Fruitman - both of which I still have layouts in my collection that I play.

Here is the update - if you know of any other ex-designers or missing current designers ( not ex-site members before anyone mentions the DVD seller ) then please shout.

1296930324_DIFFusion004.thumb.png.9cd90c46ca54e47ec324ef5faf5581b0.png

• Like 3

Looks great @Reg, but I also think your name should be on there too.  There are a few more names I can think of from years gone by but I suppose its where you draw the line, I mean you could fill an entire page with just a few of Pandys aliases alone lol 

Its a difficult balancing act adding names both past & present and you can't put everyone on there so I think the list you've done is fine.  Oh! and thanks for adding me too, at least my 'nick' doesn't take up much space :D

Also 'Slot Action' makes me think of something entirely different ;)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, dad said:

Looks great @Reg, but I also think your name should be on there too.  There are a few more names I can think of from years gone by but I suppose its where you draw the line, I mean you could fill an entire page with just a few of Pandys aliases alone lol 

🤣🤣 bet you can't name them all! :) 

• Haha 1

Not Retired from FME June 2022

49 minutes ago, dad said:

Nah - I don't think I need to be there.  It's not about me.

19 minutes ago, Geddy said:

🤣🤣 bet you can't name them all! :) 

In fairness, I had quite a few as well - I am probably not that far behind.  Anyway, he gets the original one as it's important to say thank you for this.

19 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Mr Maroney not on there?  He helped bring the scene to a fair few people back in it's inception..

Interesting.  So he didn't do any layouts and this is about the .FML Designers.  I'll see if there is a way that works to put him in.

11 minutes ago, wearecity said:

Socialdragon 🙈

Not yet - not saying no - but not yet.  Let's see what he comes out with between now and when I have to submit this.

• Like 1

There’s too many to list I’d personally leave the names off as it’ll create friction as in he’s on there I’m not etc

I’d just leave the Thankyou artist’s sentence and a  BIg Thankyou to the emulator guys wizard and any others that have made emulators including guitar

where is £6intokens and Ady amongst others 

But where do you draw the line artists resource collectors site owners etc 

Edited by vectra666