Coin acceptor

Ruffmeister

As long as it is a Coin acceptor with mechanism that can send a 'signal' to the keyboard encoder, or iPac or what you are planning to use. A mechanical coin mechanism works woth a microswitch that can be connected to the iPac. A cpu coin mechanism needs power, but there are types available that can be connected easy enough.

3 hours ago, Ruffmeister said:

Starting my build and at present I only want to insert coins rather than go down the route of hopper and payout although in future I would love to do it if electronics can be dine easily.

Would just a cheap coin acceptor work or what do people suggest I buy?

Please post pictures of you build mate, it doesn't matter what it looks like! It give members new idea's.

• Like 1

My first prototype (Cardboard box) had a 3D printed slot, and a micro switch - wired in to an external numerical keypad. 
V2 was a $5 Dollar (12v) mech from china that triggered a $2 (5v/12v) relay - wired in to an external numerical keypad.
I also wired my buttons in to the keypad as well.

V3 with a hopper, mech and LED buttons, used an IPac and Pacdrive with relays, instead of the numerical keyboard.

V4 (Wooden box) has 2 hoppers, 2 mechs, LED buttons, an IPac and a Pacdrive , and has worked perfectly for over a year now.
Recently I added a 3D printed note slot, which sucks in a note and gives change (controlled by timer relays).

• Like 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

5 hours ago, Amusements said:

My first prototype (Cardboard box) had a 3D printed slot, and a micro switch - wired in to an external numerical keypad. 
V2 was a $5 Dollar (12v) mech from china that triggered a $2 (5v/12v) relay - wired in to an external numerical keypad.
I also wired my buttons in to the keypad as well.

V3 with a hopper, mech and LED buttons, used an IPac and Pacdrive with relays, instead of the numerical keyboard.

V4 (Wooden box) has 2 hoppers, 2 mechs, LED buttons, an IPac and a Pacdrive , and has worked perfectly for over a year now.
Recently I added a 3D printed note slot, which sucks in a note and gives change (controlled by timer relays).

Wow thanks dude. Do you have any instructions for the beginner if how this was achieved at all? And a parts list so I can see if I could do the same?

3 hours ago, Ruffmeister said:

Wow thanks dude. Do you have any instructions for the beginner if how this was achieved at all? And a parts list so I can see if I could do the same?

Not as such, other than a couple of wiring diagrams I made for my own reference. I think the best thing to do is read all the threads on cabinets if you haven't already. Then decide what route to take, and then ask for help along the way. There will always be someone who can answer your questions.

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project!