Barcrest - Twilight Zone

Barcrest - Twilight Zone

Barcrest Twilight Zone - Mpu 5

Probably another failed test machine.

Enjoy.

Thanks to the Playtesters.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this. Its a nice classic, with lots of doo doo doo noises, and a bit of psycho thrown in for good measure!

Stay safe everybody. You might want to start taking a zinc tablet every morning too! (look it up)

1 hour ago, niallquinn said:

Many thanks.

Wonder why it failed?  Actually I wonder why any test machine fails, anyone know? @Gary

NQ.

Always wondered that myself as if it was a software error, paying too much etc, they would just update it and distribute new roms.

Thank you for this interesting classic - very pretty - and also sourcing the rom as well.  Great to see unique games like that that we absolutel would never see.

Here is your video.

TheTwilightZone.png.f23ecfb1707cc54828d75fad38699e70.png

"Maybe Reg is everywhere"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              © 2020 Johnnyafc

Thanks Mavros.

One thing tho, noticed after getting Mega Streak, first win it span in was 3 blue 7's but the win panel flashed 3 melons for £8?

Thanks for this.

Psycho Cash Beast, was such a popular machine, it's strange, but I don't remember ever seeing anyone in all these years around FME, mention a clone of it, that was never released.

Looks like Barcrest tried to revive the popular PCB, Frenzy format at the £35 jackpot stage and perhaps players by then had move on and found the gameplay to be old hat. Or perhaps the £35 jackpot, was just too high, for this type of machine.

I'd certainly would have given it a good few quid, had I seen it back in the day.

Thanks, never saw one of these.

I imagine it just didn’t perform well in pubs or wherever it was sited overall, when out on test.

Would love to see the original machine.

40 minutes ago, wearecity said:

Thanks for this.

Psycho Cash Beast, was such a popular machine, it's strange, but I don't remember ever seeing anyone in all these years around FME, mention a clone of it, that was never released.

Looks like Barcrest tried to revive the popular PCB, Frenzy format at the £35 jackpot stage and perhaps players by then had move on and found the gameplay to be old hat. Or perhaps the £35 jackpot, was just too high, for this type of machine.

I'd certainly would have given it a good few quid, had I seen it back in the day.

There was a Pyscho Cash  beast 2 (the  beast is back) which I am pretty sure was £35... and this is a direct clone of the sequel...............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamessco said:

Thanks Mavros.

One thing tho, noticed after getting Mega Streak, first win it span in was 3 blue 7's but the win panel flashed 3 melons for £8?

Thanks for that, time to find a new playtester also. 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamessco said:

Thanks Mavros.

I'm sure Melons are £10 on this (and PCB2) Blue sevens should be £8.

1 minute ago, MikeyMonster said:

I'm sure Melons are £10 on this (and PCB2) Blue sevens should be £8.

Quite correct, see post above.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mavroz said:

Quite correct, see post above.  

In no way a criticism by the way...... i am VERY grateful to all of you :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyMonster said:

In no way a criticism by the way...... i am VERY grateful to all of you :)

Thank you, i am very appreciative for any feedback.

Thanks for this .Great find by the way. Someone mentioned clones of pcb, well there was one in an arcade in Dundee called Vertigo which was a direct clone of a early pcb. Reels never spun upon feature entry. Saw another clone called Boogie Nights too. Both on £15.