Favoured Touch Screen

Steady

Hi All

I am looking at building a custom cabinet, not sure yet if will bother with a coin slot and payout on the first build so going fairly simple.

Question is what size touch screen works best, can it be too big, looking currently around 32", any makes/models that are particularly good? 

Also sorry if this has been asked before but not seen it, has anyone used two screens split, does it work or is it just too complicated to set up?

Thanks in advance

Steady

Playing fruities on a touchscreen will become very uncomfortable long term.  

Ideally you want a separate touch screen button panel.  I priced up an ultra wide 15” that would cater just for the button panel, it was extremely expensive for a home project.   Think screen res 1280x300.   

So button panel flat and a bigger 22” portrait touchscreen for the main glasses.  This would be the optimal way for mfme to be played in relative comfort over longer sessions.

J

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2020 at 00:03, A:E said:

Playing fruities on a touchscreen will become very uncomfortable long term.  

Ideally you want a separate touch screen button panel.  I priced up an ultra wide 15” that would cater just for the button panel, it was extremely expensive for a home project.   Think screen res 1280x300.   

So button panel flat and a bigger 22” portrait touchscreen for the main glasses.  This would be the optimal way for mfme to be played in relative comfort over longer sessions.

J

Thanks A:E, I have decided I am going for a 23" touch main screen and going to toy around with a few different ways to use real buttons for the most.

M

• Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 09:18, Steady said:

Thanks A:E, I have decided I am going for a 23" touch main screen and going to toy around with a few different ways to use real buttons for the most.

M

I’m selling a 27” Acer 10 point touchscreen mate, let me know if you are interested.  I was using it for a time but I never really got round to much with it.  The screen has a crack in the corner of bezel, doesn’t affect anything as it’s nowhere near the touchscreen area.

Mine is the Acer T272HL 27”.  Its 1080 but in portrait mode it’s perfect.

Touch response feedback had almost zero latency.

J

9 hours ago, slasher said:

You have an interplay. Get a KVM switch and a new pc and use that beast 😂

It's tempting, but I don't really want to mess with it too much. These cms cabs come up every now and again for cheap.

Yes, would be a nightmare if it broke. It will one day and become unfixable no doubt. But those cms cabs look good! Plenty of room to the right of the screen for extra buttons.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2021 at 17:19, Road Hog Mad said:

How do you split the screen like that?

I had to do a serious edit, top glass left, bottom glass right, so side by side.

7 hours ago, Amusements said:

Did you try Dual Screen Mode? (MFME Preferences) 

No, the cab/videos were a fair while before the new mfme, April 2016.