PAC Drive Support

GREDDIE

Hi guys, 

Can anyone help me get the PAC Drive configuration working or point me in the right direction?  I'm in the process of building my MFME cab and I've bought an Ultimarc Ultimate IO board (this one https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac-ultimate-i-o/).  I've got the buttons working okay but having problems with the LEDs.

I've tested the LED part of the board with LEDBlinky and I can turn on my LED with the Blinky "Simple LED test" but I can't get MFME19 (or prior, 6) to lite the LEDs.

Can someone walk me through setting up MFME please?

This is what I'm doing to test in MFME 

The Ultimate ID of the board is 1 - verified by blicky test.

1.  Loading a game (MonteCarloBust) - Note that the game can't be saved, since I didn't' create the DX - I wondered if this was the problem?

2. In MFME,entering "Edit" mode to obtain the lamp for the Start button (in properties of the start button is says Lamp=41).

3. Clicking on "Configuration" in MFME and adding a new entry 

Output = 10 (the LED is connected to 10 and works with Blicky)

Label =START

Type = Lamp

Lamp1 = 41

4. on the MFME config  screen "Ultimate10" appears in the 4th box (for right) at the top where it displays whether it's recognised the board.

I've tried, SAVING, TESTING, CONFIG, etc but I can't get the LED to lite.  The game is running and the start button is flashing too.

any help would be great?

I wanted to upload a couple of screen-shots but I get a 201 error on the forum and receive an "Upload Failed" message (do I not have rights to upload? the files are only a 300K each.)

Many thanks, 

Graham.

arse !   :o

I've got a feeling the two boards are on ID "1" will MFME be able to talk with a Pacdrive if I've used a Ultimate for the keys or will I need to get a PACDRIVE on ID2?

Bugger!.

But thanks for confirming @Wizard :)

BTW - for a donation (£50?) it wouldn't be feasible / useful / possible to get the support added.?  (thought I'd ask) in case that was an option.

4 hours ago, Wizard said:

I would need to check, I do have a Ultimate board somewhere.

I am also interested in this possibility, because I am in the process of designing my mfme cab. You man Wizard are a great asset to this community! Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Luuk said:

@Wizard could you recommend me a hopper that works directly with the ipac/pacdrive? If that is possible at all.

Maybe one from Ali or something else that won’t break the bank?

I use a pair of Universal hoppers in my cabinet and those have a "logic level" signal to turn on the motors so will work with PacDrive without additional circuitry.

If you have to drive the motor directly, then you'll need to add a relay or PNP transistor to handle the current because the Pac Drive has a max drive of 500mA and these hoppers can take 3A when starting up.

The other necessity is that the Hopper provides a lo level output for the coin output to be compatible with an IPAC

Also don't get anything with a serial interface as they won't work with MFME, it has to have a parallel interface.

I have no experience with the cheapo ones on Ali tbh

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wizard said:

I use a pair of Universal hoppers in my cabinet and those have a "logic level" signal to turn on the motors so will work with PacDrive without additional circuitry.

If you have to drive the motor directly, then you'll need to add a relay or PNP transistor to handle the current because the Pac Drive has a max drive of 500mA and these hoppers can take 3A when starting up.

The other necessity is that the Hopper provides a lo level output for the coin output to be compatible with an IPAC

Also don't get anything with a serial interface as they won't work with MFME, it has to have a parallel interface.

The 'Money Controls Compact Hopper' has a parallel interface. I'll guess to go with that one then. Tnx

19 hours ago, Wizard said:

@WizardThis might work then:

€ 1,41  38% Off | 5 V/12 V/24 V 1 Kanaal Optocoupler Relais Module Board Hoge & Lage Trigger Ac 250 v/10A Dc 30 V/10A
https://a.aliexpress.com/_B1tfZK

E162EB3B-C017-4A5B-8571-DB80D7CB7456.png

Hey Luuk.

They are almost identical to what I use. 5v and 12v with high and low triggers:)

They work really well with them big cheap Chinese hoppers on both power and coin out sensor, and perfect for the cheap Chinese 12v mechs.

20200511_175607.thumb.jpg.73e4b2de75c65d20e80a9830c3a52bcf.jpg

Edited by Amusements
added pic
  • Like 1

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

12 minutes ago, No1Stoney said:

Azkoyen U2 parallel hopper is in my build. Works perfectly without additional wiring etc. And they can take any coins

Wired direct to the pacdrive and ipac without additional relays, circuitry or whatsoever?

4 hours ago, Luuk said:

Wired direct to the pacdrive and ipac without additional relays, circuitry or whatsoever?

Received my Money Controls Compact hopper today. Nice compact device. Perfect for my mini build (23 monitor). I will order a 5V relay to use between the pacdrive and the hopper.

C677534D-4FAD-40B6-B114-680F06CC851C.jpeg

Edited by Luuk
Added picture

1 hour ago, No1Stoney said:

Correct. Just wire directly from each of the hopper pins to ipac / pacdrive and a 12v source

Erm he has a 24v hopper lol

It also needs a relay to drive it otherwise you run the risk of blowing up the pac drive. Here are the power specs:

capture.JPG

On 11/05/2020 at 12:53, Amusements said:

Hey Luuk.

They are almost identical to what I use. 5v and 12v with high and low triggers:)

They work really well with them big cheap Chinese hoppers on both power and coin out sensor, and perfect for the cheap Chinese 12v mechs.

20200511_175607.thumb.jpg.73e4b2de75c65d20e80a9830c3a52bcf.jpg

@Amusements do you have dimensions and perhaps a picture of the front of your cab?