Sorry, you aren't permitted to download this file.

mozwell

Unless you donate a fiver then you have download restrictions on your account.  I think it's 6 a day which is rolling and up to 18 a week or something, not sure of the exact figure but there are a few threads about it if you search.  Enjoy your stay..

• Like 1

Not Retired from FME June 2022

On 25/04/2020 at 10:06, Geddy said:

Unless you donate a fiver then you have download restrictions on your account.  I think it's 6 a day which is rolling and up to 18 a week or something, not sure of the exact figure but there are a few threads about it if you search.  Enjoy your stay..

100% right on the restritions is the problem - this is the chart.

image.png.a25c653df7eb8bc6a6dc93f51e93e63a.png

Also be aware that when the Wine for Wizard drive is over, these downloads will be dropping for non-supporters of the site.  They were only lifted due to helping people get a little more when COVID-19 lockdown started.

If you support - you have these restrictions removed.

@mozwell, you have download 12 times already so you've only got six left for a good couple of weeks or so - nearly three - but you must wait for the new ones to roll on and be added.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozwell said:

Ahh I knew it,  I have downloaded some, but now I can not download any.  oh well.

Use the donate button, a fiver is not a huge amount for what you are getting... access to over 5000 layouts...

Not Retired from FME June 2022

1 minute ago, Geddy said:

Use the donate button, a fiver is not a huge amount for what you are getting... access to over 5000 layouts...

...and also all money will be passed to @Wizard the author of MFME.

This cost of this is no more then some ingame currency on a mobile phone game or an Indie Steam title.

****I have a better idea, let everyone have unlimited downloads, don't donate to anything, let Reg have the full brunt of the expense of this site, let's not also give thanks to people who work hard to keep this place alive as they don't matter, Wizards emulators so what, who cares and a fiver for over 5000 layouts fuck off too expensive!!****

I have really thought about this and COULDN'T THINK LIKE THIS IF I TRIED. Yes, I can be selfish from time to time but such an extremely miniscule amount for a paltry few quid, like i said before 42p or so a month.  I would really love to know how people can think like this as a "oh well" says it all smh.

Was planning a terminator style reaction but tbh I really can't be bothered with nonsense like this anymore as it is a waste of positive energy especially in this day and age. I prefer the love and happiness that has spread in this group of recent especially.

I now laugh at people for this as it has been commonplace and even more so recently including the dupe accounts issue.

As far as I am concerned I will continue to donate and I will continue to love and appreciate what is given and whoever else doesn't, well it's your loss not ours.

• Like 1

Would this work reg?

New members have a small sample selection of layouts to download, so maybe just 5 fixed layouts, older ones at that, they never change.  This would kill dupe accounts straight away as there would be no point.

After this all members are forced to donate to access more layouts.

You won’t be getting any more, “it says I can’t download any layouts” boo hoo nonsense.

The key is just having a non rotating fixed selection of layouts for new members.  If you don’t donate then you don’t get any other freebies.

J

Edited by A:E

5 hours ago, A:E said:

Would this work reg?

New members have a small sample selection of layouts to download, so maybe just 5 fixed layouts, older ones at that, they never change.  This would kill dupe accounts straight away as there would be no point.

After this all members are forced to donate to access more layouts.

You won’t be getting any more, “it says I can’t download any layouts” boo hoo nonsense.

The key is just having a non rotating fixed selection of layouts for new members.  If you don’t donate then you don’t get any other freebies.

J

This is a good idea except once they reach X posts I'd allow more but with limits in place. Only way to unlock the lot would be donate or contribute 

Yeah we're going to keep it as is.  I did a long reply via PM to @A:E which covered his points and more.

The reality is - we've already started down a road for supporters to only support once and I don't really want to create a massive PR issue and more importantly U-Turn on something that is so imporant when it comes to trust after people have already supported.

The surge we're seeing at the moment is due to COVID-19 and people have a little more time to browse the internet so we see more members and so on - that's my belief.

• Like 2

• Reg locked this topic