Wine for Wizard

Reg

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

Well what can I say? I'm totally lost for words here. This was totally unexpected tbh and I'd like to thank @reg for the generous offer.

When you have put so much time into such an amazing piece of software and gave happiness to tens of thousands of people across the world for over 20 years you do not need words.

Many thanks... cheers! 🍷

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not Retired from FME June 2022

Chris lost for words, got to say mate. that will be a first(we got ya;)).

Was sitting here and thought what on earth are you playing at(I talk to myself as no one else willxD), and shuffled some funds about, which why shouldn't others go out of their way for a bloody change, you always do and don't want to forget as irony aside my memory is not what it use to be. Besides, if I miss doing it next month I'll be pissed off.

I would also like to say another thanks for sticking around and with us because personally I think this is a bit overdue but better late than never but please put us out of our miseries and let us know what you will do with your little windfall when it is time as I for one am curious. You show an interest in us so payback is a...… you know what I mean. 

Edited by Big J
  • Thanks 1

Well I know Chris isnt the biggest fan of me for obvious reasons due to past events (and I dont blame him) but if I can help in any way I will, so bunged some in. Enjoy the wine Chris

Edited by Gary
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

And this is exactly why I felt it was right to donate to this site for all the hard work given over the years....

Just as Reg says, we wouldn't all be here without him.

Well done Wizard, you deserve it, have a drink on me, we all appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this.

• Like 1

In the near 20 years I have been in the scene, I have never donated to any forum. Have always used my funds for resources. This is an exception!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Come on people dig deep in to those pockets, down the side of the sofa and show your appreciation for the best fruit emulator out there

Equally for those that have brought Wine for Wizard, thank you very much on behalf of this drive.

One slight change - there are some that have supported that did not want a badge which is fine - but I am also given you a second option to have the smaller version in your profile as well which is this...

WizardsWine.png.c9aee1fb18df8c39ceff94bfd9b97707.png

...this has to be done as certain members already had too many assets in their information block, I've actually already removed all of mine bar the admin one, which I am like to change to something else ( for those who are reading this in a different time ! ).

Anyway - if you want to swap your large badge for the small one - let me know via PM please.

• Thanks 1

Great idea thanks Reg and an easy way to donate to the genius creator of an amazing piece of work.

I remember playing machines actively in the mid to late 90s and wondering if we would ever see these games playable on a PC one day.

Years later that dream became a reality, and I am so thankful it did.

I can't imagine the amount of hard work that went into this over the many years and I am so glad we all find ourselves in maturer times, that both being with the maturity of the emulation itself and the maturity of many of the people who play a part in the scene itself.

I have all the machines I ever wanted emulated and whilst I only dip into FME every so often, I really appreciate the value in what we have been given and that so many of us have played a part in over the years.

Wizard a toast to you my friend for everything you have provided which then flows down throughout the scene to let people re-live their memories, that's the heart and true meaning of emulation and MFME captures it wonderfully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Reg locked and unpinned this topic