Wine for Wizard

Reg

1 hour ago, uptown47 said:

It's been a great event this Reg. You've done brilliantly in organising it. Can't wait to find out what the final total is.... it's like watching Red Nose Night!!! Are we getting Lenny Henry on to announce it?? 

Pat yourself on the back Reg for a job well done and, I'm sure that Chris will be very touched with your hard work. At the end of the day, the cash is a lovely surprise but I think it's the thought and sentiment that's come out of this that really counts. Hopefully Chris will see all these messages and realise that between his software and the rest of the hard working members of the scene who convert the machines and flyers etc, what a massive difference they have made to so many peoples lives. 

I think that this software is unique in that, for some, it has been a lifeline out of addiction and so it has literally saved peoples lives!

Quite something.... 😃

I was up until 1am this morning making the...

? ? ? ? ? ?

...for this, so no Lenny Henry but something else!

It was only a five minute job that turned into about two hours. 😆

• Like 3

"Wine for Wizard - The End"

Good afternoon all !

So that is all folks, the Wine for Wizard celebration is over.

To all members here, thank you for your support for this and taking us where we got to.

The money raised here tops absolutely anything that we have ever raised on this site before and people went way further in some cases then just the base donation support.  This statement is not to stand people out from the crowd, purely for this own sites protection make it very clear had this drive not had happened and the work here with the final total is at least 90% more then what this site would have got in the same period.  Some of the peaks we had were beyond shocking on this journey and do not reflect normal modes of business for this site.

This site will always be seperate from MFME in terms of where funds go, but the choice to go all in was the absolute right one here with the funds to say thank you to Wizard.  The only purpose of this site is Fruit Machine Emulation and without the development of MFME, we'd not be here.  The circle is complete.

Wizard, thank you for all the years that you have thrown into the emulator and I look forward to T7 support in MFME v40 !

Joking aside, although I would absolutely love T7 support, when the scene became the scene we were at just MPU3/4 and that was all we had and we must look at where we have come.

The additional techs that followed like Impact the M1AB, I often thought that was it - but god knows how many later, MFME just goes on and on and on...

Over the years it has grown so big and never cost anyone any money whatsoever as it has always been free when known as MFME. 

Wizard, please consider the money you've had and the final cheque that brings the total as shown in the video, thanks from the members of the scene who are also members here at Desert Island Fruits.

Thank you for everything you have done for this little hobby of ours - I hope you enjoy your Wine.

The Membership of Desert Island Fruits.

PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS FOR ANYTHING ON THE VIDEO
LET OTHERS SEE IT FOR THEMSELVES

To wrap up and show that I was good to my word with everything going across...

image.png.4c469e6b40ff95036369cd57c585df1d.png

• Like 9
  • Awesome 8

I'd like to personally thank each and all of you who contibuted to this, it is truly awesome and very much appreciated 😀

What an awesome bunch of guys we have in the community!

I'd especially like to thank @Regfor the idea and allowing site donations to be diverted in this way

Let me raise a glass and make a toast to you all:

"Long live MFME!! and may it continue to provide pleasure to us all"

:clap::clap::clap:

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Awesome 5

Adequate, fair and right in every way possible.

Thank you all from me too for all of your efforts and hard work but an exceptional thanks to @Reg for your honesty, love and integrity when it comes to Desert Island Fruits. In all my life I have never met a community like this before and most probably never will.

That is all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Yip well done... but without spoiling the video I must ask 92p... how did that happen?  Who gave 92p? ;) 

PayPal, whenever people donated they take their cut of a few pence each time.

1 hour ago, Reg said:

PayPal, whenever people donated they take their cut of a few pence each time.

Full of shite, does this still apply when donating to the site? So that amount is meant to be higher?

Edited by Big J

3 minutes ago, Reg said:

It’s only a few pence it’s no big deal.

If I send a donation I don't want ANYBODY having even one pence of it. Is there any other way I could donate and it not be a hassle for you? If this is too personal just pm me and let me know. Thanks

Edited by Big J

31 minutes ago, Big J said:

If I send a donation I don't want ANYBODY having even one pence of it. Is there any other way I could donate and it not be a hassle for you? If this is too personal just pm me and let me know. Thanks

PayPal is the only way as that is also what I pay bills from for this site.

• Reg locked and unpinned this topic