Wine for Wizard

Reg

6 hours ago, Banditmad said:

thank you  Wizard for tor MFME i have used this emulator to  play frui machines as i was putting all my money in machines at the time and this got me off them once again thank you. 

6 hours ago, retro arcade machine said:

big thanks to wizard and the team for making it possible to play from home 

@Banditmad and @retro arcade machine

Gents' sorry to ask - just checking here.

I do have one PayPal donation for Wine for Wizard  that I can't match up.  They're not responding by email and it was about 1pm today they donated and supported.

I am assuming it's one of you two good souls who have supported - we get these where people have completely different PayPal accounts to forum accounts ?

If so - can you please respond to my email that I've sent to the PayPal account or PM me directly here with the account email you used on PayPal so I can tie this up and apply the correct badge to one of your accounts.

Thank you.

'Wine for Wizard'? Does that mean 'Kebab for Compost' is out the window then? CHEERS PAL!! I was looking forward to my 'Kebab for Compost' badge too. 😫

Seriously, I'm honoured to have been part of this scene and have so much respect for the chaps still pushing forward. I, just like others here, were consumed by fruit machines. If i don't say I was addicted, I'd be lying and still in denial. As Reg said earlier, and I can genuinely relate to this, him punting a full wage packet into a fruit machine, well that was the norm for me 20 years ago. And lots of chaps I've chatted with on the scene over the years have similar stories. Thankfully, those dark days for me are long gone. Now, I've a mortgage, a woman who came with a blinking Labrador called Dudley that if I were to be honest, 'and this is from a bloke who thinks dogs are stupid ball licking creatures sent to shit all over my perfectly lawned garden', I don't do dogs. Or cats... is a smart animal that at times, I think has a human spirit in that head of his.

I know thats a bold paragraph up there and heres something even more bold. MFME isn't just a piece of code. For me, it was the beginning of the end of my addiction. Just like a nicotine patch weened me off the dreaded smokes, MFME weened me of the fruit machines. It's a very powerful medicine indeed.

That alone deserves a contribution from me. Stay off the Prosecco, Pinot Grigio is ok, but if you can find it, Grand Sud, a genuine French wine makes all the stuff in UK stores taste like White Lightening.

To Wizard 🍷Cheers pal.

Tony

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good evening all

I'm more than happy to throw a tenner Wizard's way. Thank you very much Wizard. 👍🍻

And also (whilst I'm here....) thank you very much to everyone else who puts everything together, you all help keep my memories alive. 👍🍻

Just wish I had more time to play 'em 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On behalf of... why? Sorry but Wizard needs to keep his little pot compared to £30 Million+Billions from Government. I take my hat of to the guy raising those funds(will he get any;)) and he will be looked after well but this is Chris's time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, flying giraffe said:

the money was acctually for the NHS, but i do get your point, thanks wizard for all your hard work over the years, donation made, enjoy👍

I totally get that and in essence makes great sense but we have our own Doctor on here who cures a fair few of us from that psychological virus called 'addiction' and he deserves that moment as he has given so many.

@A:E not @Geddy as he is a millionaire ;)

"Wine for Wizard - Update"

I am changing the deal...

...originally I said this would run until 1st July 2020 and Wizard get all the funds then, that is now not possible.

As of today, this will run to the agreed date - but I am going to have to pass Wizard funds in chunks with the first one being as soon as he sends me some details.

There is one simple request here - Wizard does not reveal how much he had until it's all over - I'll do a graphic with the final check at the end that will be the sum of all totals when I send the last payment to him - but will update here everytime a payment has been sent.

897066843_DIF_Wine.thumb.png.323760acfc3b996f7268b3082613b251.png

Today beside forum issues - behind the scenes PayPal literally shit a brick at me and were not happy with the account - it has limited use as to what I can do.  I cannot send money to another account - but - I can withdraw money, pretty fucked up eh !

This is not a problem for future donations towards Wine for Wizard as I already had a nominated Bank Account that allowed me to transfer money out - so no fault there but what I do not want to happen is with the amount of Wine for Wizard that has already been brought, get the account frozen or something like that.

The only solution is to pay in bits.

Now one thing I want to be clear - the reason PayPal have shit a brick is likely they've never seen the account be used as it is at the moment - imagine a trickle then a flood - this is what has happened - something, somewhere triggered.  They likely think something very odd is going on !

This is the love and dedication that you all have for Wizard and shown and shows what has been rasied in ten days.

Tonight I did two withdrawals, a small amount then followed by the rest of it - that is now sitting in my bank account that I need to move onto Chris as I can't have that money floating around.  All money raised for Wine for Wizard is safely away from PayPal and that will continue every time there is a lump that I can pay until the final payment at the end of June.

Anyway that is all - great work so far - I wish I could see Wizard's face when this comes through - twenty years work being thanked for. 

Reg.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 1

Ya paypal can be right funny about things, then your account gets frozen and then the endless phone calls to explain and even then the dicks don't listen to what you said.🤨

Thinks for the update though and THANK YOU!!!!! to the people who have reached in there pockets in this tough time, to say thanks to Chris AKA Wizard for the continuous hard work to bring joyfulness and smiles of the good old days.    

Tbh from a point of view of how I feel and what the cost (in my mind) of Wizards emulator would be(in theory)

1. To research, find then own every fruit machine that a layout has been created from buy it then fill each one with cash/tokens/notes,

2. To own/rent a big enough premises to house several thousand fruit machines,

3. A 24hr operators licence which has the correct categories too so the gambling commission is not on your case,

4. Top of the range security system with motion sensors and remote CCTV linked to the Police,

5. Enough Engineers to deal with all issues,

Have I forgotten anything??

This may be extreme to some but I have it all on a Pc with tech support at hand. Now I wonder how much that would cost above🤔

THAT IS WHAT IT IS WORTH TO ME Wizard so thanks for putting the time, effort and love into something that we all love and that I know I will most probably be pissing around with well into my old age.

Legend mate, you fully deserve drinks on us and when I get funds sorted I will sling a final drink in the pot in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

I am only just hearing about this now and wanted to add my thanks for all the effort that has gone into MFME (and indeed MPU34 and FRUIT.EXE before it!).

I have always been a fan of emulation and back in the days of waiting for PS1 emulation whilst enjoying SNES and Megadrive my dreams were realised when I came across a limited credit demo of Nifty Fifty. RAM wasn't saved and I had no sound but there it was, a Barcrest machine running on my PC. I then proceeded to play it for about three hours non-stop (to the detriment of my required office work) seeing how much I could get out of it in the limited credits available (the precursor to 50 credit challenges!).

Then I stumbled across Alex' Hovel and the rest is history. My first stab at a classic layout (Barcrest/BWB Berserk) arrived August 2002 and once M1/A/B emulation made its debut FME entered a golden age.

Certainly FME has cost me a lot over the years both mentally and monetary and continues to do so. It did however take a hopeless addict out of arcades at a time when I really couldn't afford to be one. Hours in "amusements" was replaced by hours travelling the country for resources and further hours on PC graphics packages but it helped break the cycle of addiction.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to FME over the years no matter how small and special thanks to those who helped me personally with FME endeavours particularly Wizard, Dialtone and Pete_W.

Certainly it is unlikely any of us would be here enjoying FME without Wizard so very happy to raise a glass and make a contribution. Cheers to 🧙‍♂️!

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

just an idea here,  how about going forward after wine for wizard there is maybe a patreon offer you can do for mfme, it would gain you acces to wizards pre release build (or a version of it) and then other that can still just wait for the main release :)

basically not alot changes but wizard could get abit more help with things and some can experience the bleeding edge of the emulator.

dunno just an idea :)

Edited by MrPillze
typo

57 minutes ago, MrPillze said:

just an idea here,  how about going forward after wine for wizard there is maybe a patreon offer you can do for mfme, it would gain you acces to wizards pre release build (or a version of it) and then other that can still just wait for the main release :)

basically not alot changes but wizard could get abit more help with things and some can experience the bleeding edge of the emulator.

dunno just an idea :)

That won't be necessary, trust me. 

I should say perhaps, it won't be necessary unless it's considered a better solution by Wizard, then anything that he may have in mind in the future.

Edited by wearecity
  • Like 1

"Wine for Wizard - Update"

...no comms from me does not mean no supporters coming in.

No we still have more coming in with all donations still going through for Wine for Wizard.

As of today, we have until the Tuesday 30th June at 23:59 to make as much wine as we can for him...

182536551_DIF_Wine.thumb.png.8a74dd79b489164ca51409c781b5f8b1.png

...during this time is the only time you will ever be able to get a Thank You badge in your profile as well to show that you supported this.

I am pleased to say that more wine has been passed to Wizard on the second chunk of support and donations from the brillant members here.

Thank you again Wizard for what you have done for all of us.

Final total rasied as promised will be on 1st July 2020.

Reg.

2.png.72ebc31de2d8950e1b117642480b3074.png

• Like 4

• Reg locked and unpinned this topic