Wine for Wizard

Reg

Good Morning All,

On a day where I have to do some reflection on my job ( for a task I've got to do later ) it's also time to reflect on this site and why we are here.  It is MFME that @Wizard has given us.

We've thanked @Amot for the very generous supply of resourses, but the elephant in the rom is what about MFME, what about @Wizard who puts tireless hours into the pot to make this happen - the decks need to be balanced here to show our thanks and this is how I propose to do this.

Due to my job, family and other commitments and expecations I am only slowly starting to get back into MFME.  This site actually takes a lot of admin with the new souls, but that is my cross to bear but is nothing considering the man hours that Wizard has put into coding MFME.  I am also trying to pick up some legacy programming from about thirty years ago - so my time is pretty full...

...now consider this...

...my time maybe full but it does not compare to all the hours that have gone into MFME for the past twenty years and still go on.  I don't think anybody can really understand the depth of work here - even in the dark years of MFME with no product - Wizard was coding on and on and on.

It's time to say thank you as a scene and the below is a statement as admin of this site what I am going to do at Desert Island Fruits.

"Wine for Wizard"

From the time of this post until the end of June 2020, all donations given will be given directly to Wizard at the end on 1st July 2020.

Years ago, I passed my thanks to him as his emulator had taken me off the machines where I had been known to put entire wages into a machine and have nothing for a month and I don't regret a penny of that.  I do believe that I am not a lot different from other people here and if you want a chance to buy some Wine for Wizard, this is your moment.

If you are a non-supporter of the site and you donate, you still get your 2020 donator badge and the special badge below as well as your access - but all money will be kept in a pot and transferred to Wizard.

If you do support and already have a donator badge, then you will get a special badge like this as you have access.

MFME2020_ThankYou.png.4187bcafc8c09ac27be71754a4de1716.png

If you do choose to buy Wine for Wizard but you DO NOT want this badge that shows your support and maybe encourages some new members to also buy wine, then PM me as soon as you've donated and I'll make sure I do not apply it as per your wishes.

Now begins the celebration of MFME and a two month window to support Wizard for twenty years he has put into MFME and why this site exists today and I hope he can buy himself a machine he likes or something like that from what we do as a scene.

Thank you all for reading and thank you Wizard.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6
  • Awesome 7
  • Shock 1

• Reg pinned this topic
  • Reg unfeatured this topic

I'm up for that and I would suggest and you know others will agree, so can we have a little shortcut on the homepage (maybe alter the donations tab slightly) please mate because with what he has put in, he not only got this party started but mostly banded this community together. People like Chris, Tony, yourself and lots of others on here give without a thought of taking, now that deserves recognition, that is love for MFME.

I know how Wizard feels about me, I'm not petty and I may of pissed a few off over time but that is not relevant to me as I am who I am. Like and respect are two totally different entities!!

The tenner donation you was getting in June will go in early but will need to be re-directed please.

On a closing note, thank you Chris for the life you have given to this realm with the birth of MFME, you most certainly deserve this:)

Edited by Big J
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Big J said:

I'm up for that and I would suggest and you know others will agree, so can we have a little shortcut on the homepage (maybe alter the donations tab slightly)

The portal has been modified and I believe @A:E will be doing a banner to fit into the portal box.

image.png.14f6cc7750a43eb9e6ae01a95da62669.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A very kind gesture by you Reg and much deserved for Wizard and all the joy he has given us over these years being able to relive our misspent youth in dingy arcades. A pleasure to donate to this.

Thank you Wizard. I appreciate everything you have done for me and the entire FME community.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well what can I say? I'm totally lost for words here. This was totally unexpected tbh and I'd like to thank @reg for the generous offer.

To all that have already donated I am truly thankful, means a lot guys.

Stay safe everybody ( STAY INDOORS! )

Chris

Edited by Wizard
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Awesome 3
  • Welcome 2

• Reg locked and unpinned this topic