speed settings

ziggy

The latest emulator i do believe does not have this option it was removed so it a set speed. if you reels are running a little slow, which i have the same problem when running in full screen reduce the size of the layout and you reels will speed back to normal.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, evo1 said:

The latest emulator i do believe does not have this option it was removed so it a set speed. if you reels are running a little slow, which i have the same problem when running in full screen reduce the size of the layout and you reels will speed back to normal.  

ah right, thanks for that. its already a small res layout too. 

1 minute ago, vectra666 said:

The reels spin the same speed as. The actual machine . The reason they're slower is your pc\ laptop specs my laptop has slower speeds on scorp5 layouts 

Thanks for that.I thought the laptops age may be to blame. ill maybe try and see what its like on another tech.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2020 at 22:32, ziggy said:

Thanks for that.I thought the laptops age may be to blame. ill maybe try and see what its like on another tech.

I get the same thing on one of my LT's as the processing rate is a fair bit slower.

All depends on the speed of the CPU the tech uses.

Scorpion 5 uses a 40Mhz CPU whereas MPU4 uses a 1.796Mhz one so it has a lot more work to do.

MPU5 and Epoch use a 16Mhz CPU, so the S5 is running just over twice the speed of even those two.

Laptops will always struggle unless you have a newer i5 or i7 based one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, slasher said:

Run great on my i5 Lenovo x240. You can pick them up on eBay for around £150

Nice mate, nice these Lenovos are one of the best imo. Got an Ultrabook Yoga 530 never a problem with speed, so far anyway and had it 9 months.

• 3 months later...

It is pointless asking me as I have said before if I had to spend several hundred pounds on a Pc just to keep up with the dynamics of Wizards future emulator I'm in, better than losing that amount in the shite they have about nowadays and all I really need is a power lead. I call this sense over nonsense and if I ever created a layout I want the least headache as possible!

I can see future issues with specs and platforms as emulators propel us into an unimaginable vortex time after time and tempted to ask someone for a 10-20yr old emulator just to prove my theory but already know the answer like many others(don't you just love the intricate detail and information provided by all by the great members of this(imo)family orientated community). Also as Wizard improves on his work shouldn't we improve our positions??Maybe I watch too much Star Trek!!

That is my take but it all depends on how fat your wallet is?

• Like 1