My MFME Controller

gareth_iowc

Hi all,

Thought i'd share my first attempt at a MFME controller.

I'm using - 

2 x pac drives for the lamps - Ebay Link

1 x Arduino Mega for button inputs - Amazon Link

1 x Arduino Mega screw shield - Ebay Link

To turn the arduino into a joy stick i use - https://github.com/AlanChatham/UnoJoy as MFME only supports keyboard inputs i also use this software https://joytokey.net/en/. I only used the arduino because i had a couple kicking around. would recommend a keyboard emulator. 

20200306_214117.thumb.jpg.7881fdeabc70edcad4c39f958e36d309.jpg

20200306_212905.thumb.jpg.b779a12f20c9f291320560741472906a.jpg

Couple of videos -

:)

Edited by gareth_iowc
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 5

A fine piece of work here.  I remember building something like this...

...see pics and video below.

You my friend have shown how to do this right.

I love the idea what you've done with the buttons here and used real buttons and such.  That looks simply brilliant.

Not that I will, but if I was ever to do this again - I'd use your idea as a base good idea for doing this.

Great work... 10/10 ...in my eyes.

IMG_1551.thumb.JPG.e3ec833ef32c20a481fa48d83c831c6a.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, World of Vp said:

"proper" buttons like you have where did you get those?

Somewhere like this... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265581922764?hash=item3dd5ea89cc:g:BaMAAOSwxvNiJN3q

Some sellers do a fullset from a single machine, but you can make your own inserts if you like.

Most people use a pac drive and ipac combination for the flashing lights. Plenty of examples available in the cabinet building section.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2020 at 00:42, serene02 said:

I’m selling an Acer T27THL, it’s pretty 27” IPS, 10 point multitouch with excellent touch response.   I’ve used used it in portrait mode for mfme.  But I just don’t use it unfortunately ;(

J

1B8C1DA5-077E-4E27-98DE-44110BEB505B.jpeg

9DEB6008-8B25-43D3-A9FA-4A39BDB66F8C.jpeg

oh fuck me i thought that was a actual fruit machine you were selling and wasn't making any sense,,, holy shit

living the dream

Yeah, that is my layout running in mfme on my old touchscreen ;)

I ran into multiple issues with the layout unfortunately, the blended lamps I created were busting mfme.

I’m (very) slowly fixing bits but I just don’t have much love for working on it at the minute…. I’m gutted, I spent so much time with it and at the minute I can’t stand the sight of it!

I’ll get back to it soon though ;)

J

22 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Yeah, that is my layout running in mfme on my old touchscreen ;)

I ran into multiple issues with the layout unfortunately, the blended lamps I created were busting mfme.

I’m (very) slowly fixing bits but I just don’t have much love for working on it at the minute…. I’m gutted, I spent so much time with it and at the minute I can’t stand the sight of it!

I’ll get back to it soon though ;)

J

i totally hear you about busting mfme, my current one stutters badly 1600-2300 only 7 lamps blended as one in an attempt to help it run, i have a real strong leaning towards the tech being part of the problem as i've only been having this issue with IMPACT TECH layouts so i'm going to try a smaller version tomorrow, but this is destined for a/s hopefully as most of my recent high size/res ones are in my egotistical mind alone maybe haha

but again that layout is magical, obviously you have artistic ps experience or a artistic side, truly glorious. i get the methods practically, but i'd not be able to do it off the cuff, i'd need previous examples to work off. 

i hope you do find the love again one day soon. it's a real flagbearing example of the fml world, it deserves to be seen as much as possible!

living the dream

Yeah.  I had to break down blended lamps into smaller sizes, there is a tipping point for mfme, after a certain size is breached it creates slowdown.  I don’t create any larger than 4K.

I spend way too much time on lamping and utilise many layers and little tricks to make them as realistic as I can, doesn’t always pan out but it’s my own little method that changes depending how long I tinker.  My day job affords me a fair few hours using photoshop on a daily basis.

I’ll definitely be back on it, I love creating, I do prefer the artwork part of the mfme process though ;)

J

• Like 1