Desert Island Retro

Outrun 2 SP DX (Lindbergh) on PC using TeknoParrot

Mort

7 hours ago, Amusements said:

Maybe this screenshot will help, just to see you have put Jennifer in the right place, ran the patch to match your res, and linked to the right file in TP?

ss.thumb.jpg.dad4ee6c637410a9467d960d2bdd0400.jpg

I have attached a txt file with the output from the command line window to see if that can shed any light on the missing textures. It says about a vertex shader program and opengl error

OR2.txt

Don't you just hate it when you have been trying to figure out something for ages trying everything you possibly can to get something working then all of a sudden when you ask for help it suddenly dawns on you what it might be. Well today was one of those days. It seems it was trying to run on my intergrated graphics and not the dedicated graphics card. Set my global options in the nvidia control panel to use the nvidia card and not the intel intergrated one. Ran it. No errors about vertexprogam. Game runs. FFS...….

Edited by Pootis Spencer
  • Awesome 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks @Mort for the clear tutorial! Everything works, rumble as well. What a fantastic version of the game! 

I only have some UI errors i didn't see anywhere else and have no idea how to resolve. The line above 'rev' is the only error visible in-game. I downloaded everything from your post and have the latest version of TP running...

Lines, lines, lines...

102169205_Screenshot(18).thumb.png.37c8b5d99ba4d3ce59af356931eaf348.png47126783_Screenshot(23).thumb.png.d4bbb5ef1c2dd4cf05fbc7c962af2b1d.png712976063_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.3eec56fc21ecdcaceac72c39ad2dd694.png

• 1 month later...

@Mort after all this time just getting to look at this now.

Life has such a way of getting in the way...

Just trying to source games, as the lust is now huge... ...Virtual Tennis, bloody hell that was good... ...still can't make Sir Murray win tho. :(

image.thumb.png.62a0cadac9ec9e68656343c0ebb0c9c2.png

• Awesome 1

Glad you got a chance to try it Reg, send me a message if you get any issues grabbing Outrun etc.

I haven't touched it since. I tend to go through waves of enthusiasm for certain things balanced against actually getting the time for it as well !

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hey buddy , great heads up on the emu , built a machine just for it dude , loadsa time to do it :) . Some great games on this , found loads on you tube , but i found if you google teknoparrot bien virusman , you can find roms to satisfy even the thirsty romaholic . Best with ssd , and put the game on the c drive , and go nvidia on the gpu , using a A10 processor cause im cheap as fuck :) , and 90 % run , the 10 % is probs my cpu . Big heads up on tekken 7 , get your gpu temp visable while loading and playing , talking 90 degrees on the gpu , dont fry ya card init !!!!

• Awesome 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this Mort, I havent tried outrun SP as I have C2C but may give it a whirl, only game I have played on TeknoParrot is Star Wars Pod, I live in Blackpool and theres 2 but missed em during lockdown, but its not the same as being immersed lol, but a great guide! 

Pete

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks Reg, great to see !

Anyone who has this running on the latest version of TeknoParrot, do you find the small videos are missing when you reach GOAL and the end credits scroll up ?

I can't for the life of me work out a fix, and I have tried everything.

Not sure if it's something missing on my end or just that TP no longer supports them properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed the instructions and it runs flawlessly... except that when the sun is on the sky, it runs in slow motion (although very smoothly)... meaning that it snaps out of it when I take a curve and the sun is no longer in front of me

the sun does not have to be visible, it's enough if it would be visible if it was lower... if that makes sense

i tried playing with the sun height value, setting it higher and lower, but has no effect for me

if there is any known solution, i would be grateful if you could share it