MFME Keyboard

Reg

On 05/03/2017 at 17:56, Reg said:

170305_MFME_Keyboard.jpg

This weekend I built an keyboard for MFME.  This is a prototype version to ensure that the core was working.

The instructions are here...

Thank you @Reg for such a detailed step by step guide its very useful  , i have ordered all my parts for my keyboard !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cja272 said:

Will do! 😀 Just realised the bulbs in the switches are 12V will i need another power source for this please ?

Thanks,

Craig.

If they are LED bulbs, you should get away with 5v, but if not, then you will need an additional 12v supply. https://www.ultimarc.com/output/led-and-output-controllers/pac-drive/

• Like 2

Treat every day like your last, because one day it will be!

Fruit Machine <<<My new project! 

3 hours ago, Reg said:

Agreed these are so good when you see people make things like this.

Again thank you @uptown47 as you set me on the path to the cabinet once as well. :)

It was a joint effort Reg. I think we've all learned from each other along this journey. Great that others are making cabinets and buttons modules though. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jackymiester said:

is there a limit to how many buttons to have on the board? i might plan to make one myself

The limit is on how many inputs you have on your IPac board. If you were to get the Ultimate I/O board I think there's 64!! So plenty!! 🙂 (there's cheaper ones with less inputs too).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to change the keybord mappings globaly so for example change start to S rather than spc? I ask because I have a X-Arcade tankstick and wanted to use the buttons on that. There is a tool to remap them in the stick but then I would need two layouts for MAME and MFME.

1 minute ago, hartsruk said:

Is there a way to change the keybord mappings globaly so for example change start to S rather than spc? I ask because I have a X-Arcade tankstick and wanted to use the buttons on that. There is a tool to remap them in the stick but then I would need two layouts for MAME and MFME.

No sorry

2 hours ago, hartsruk said:

You could always use a frontend like Launchbox and then use AutoHotKey to remap those keys when you launch MFME?

I do a similar thing when I launch my Hidden Object game. That uses left mouse click and I wanted that mapped to my Ctrl key (Player 1 Button 1 in MAME). 

PS... if you didn't want a front end you could just run AutoHotKey manually before you start MFME and then turn the AHK script off when you come out of it?

PPS.... There is probably a way to make AHK auto exit when the MFME process is closed but I don't know how to do it off the top of my head.

Edited by uptown47

8 hours ago, uptown47 said:

You could always use a frontend like Launchbox and then use AutoHotKey to remap those keys when you launch MFME?

I do a similar thing when I launch my Hidden Object game. That uses left mouse click and I wanted that mapped to my Ctrl key (Player 1 Button 1 in MAME). 

PS... if you didn't want a front end you could just run AutoHotKey manually before you start MFME and then turn the AHK script off when you come out of it?

PPS.... There is probably a way to make AHK auto exit when the MFME process is closed but I don't know how to do it off the top of my head.

Cool I will have a look at that and let you know...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, vojake said:

Do you have already a ahk-script? I want it to use MFME with launchbox and because of my working arcade cabinet I have to remap the internal keyboard-mappings to use it with my installed control-buttons.

You're resurrecting a year old thread, but here is a very simple segment of my script that shows how I do remap  my iPAC to "typical" MFME keys with AHK.  Occasionally I have to edit a layout if I want the keys to correspond to a different setup (as I ofter try to mimick the very first row of Fruit Machine buttons to the top row of my iPAC arcade buttons (X-Arcade Tank Stick).  I haven't put in special purpose Fruit Machine buttons although I planned to.... but this is working out pretty good.

My full script is a little more complex for automated notes window handling and to pop on and off an Instruction Card graphic per fruit machine (but I deleted that code here).

The key on the left of the two colons is what the arcade button produces, and the script translates that key press to the key on the right of the colons.

The #IfWInActive directive ensures that the mapping only occurs while MFME.exe is running.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#UseHook On

#IfWinActive ahk_exe MFME.exe
Esc::
WinClose, ahk_exe MFME.exe

; Standard MFME to X-Arcade Key Reassignments
7::6 ; Insert Pounds Left Flipper
6::0 ; Insert Coin 1 Pound Right Flipper
8::r ; Refill ?
$1::` ; Cancel
$2::c ; Collect / Select Cash

$Space::1 ; Reel 1 Hold / Nudge
$LShift::2 ; Reel 2 Hold/Nudge/Hi