Help With doing my first Emulation

kirsty

10 minutes ago, A:E said:

Needless to say for a newcomer it really is a daunting task to create a layout.

Not wrong there, 1001 questions wanted to be answered😧

But this shouldn't put anyone off having a go, even the most experienced creator will still be learning with the new tools that wizard has given us.  

• Like 2
  • Welcome 1

59 minutes ago, A:E said:

Needless to say for a newcomer it really is a daunting task to create a layout.

The tools in the later versions of mfme are much more powerful and user friendly, being one of a handful of still active old skool creators, I tend to take it for granted when working in mfme.  

J

Daunting or not you have made some incredible stuff(alright some are emptiers) but needless to say am on your Superpots right now. Couple of hundred ahead lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Not wrong there, 1001 questions wanted to be answered😧

But this shouldn't put anyone off having a go, even the most experienced creator will still be learning with the new tools that wizard has given us.  

I bet that even Wizard has moments of clarity at times when it comes to his emulator. Not kissing arse but even a perfectionist is looking to perfect on their abilities. First time designers couldn't be in a better place than here. 

• Like 1

On 30/12/2019 at 15:21, Wizard said:

If you are doing Reel Crazy mk2 then the numbers you are using are wrong. They should be 192, 176 and 200, 184

These numbers correspond to lamp numbers, so look at the layout and see if these blocks of lamps change when you insert coins or press the start button

just normal reel crazy wizzard

Might be loading too many roms.  You should be able to load 'just' the layout you created by going to design/Layout Game/Load layout.

Then to load in the roms goto Design/Edit Mode - Then Design Rom loader.

Under Program Roms click load then navigate to where your roms are stored - hopefully the same folder as your layout. You need just two program roms, so..

Click on 95409273.hi, then with the Ctrl key held down click on 95409273.lo.  This should load the roms into the emulator in the correct order.  Then do the same for the sound rom 95008239.bin.  Finally set the tech in the Platform drop down box & choose Scorpion 4.

Then click 'Start'.  That should get you up & running :)

Edited by dad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dad said:

Might be loading too many roms.  You should be able to load 'just' the layout you created by going to design/Layout Game/Load layout.

Then to load in the roms goto Design/Edit Mode - Then Design Rom loader.

Under Program Roms click load then navigate to where your roms are stored - hopefully the same folder as your layout. You need just two program roms, so..

Click on 95409273.hi,  This should load the roms into the emulator in the correct order.  Then do the same for the sound rom 95008239.bin.  Finally set the tech in the Platform drop down box & choose Scorpion 4.

Then click 'Start'.  That should get you up & running :)

then with the Ctrl key held down click on 95409273.lo.  there were no 3s jfor lo ust the  then with the Ctrl key held down click on 95409273.lo.

Sorry that should have been 95409273.hi & 95409272.lo for the program roms.  I see you have it up & running though.  Now the hard work starts by finding the correct settings.  I've given you a head start.. The meter error was simply to set SEC to yes in config, then I've added a number reel which is also required.

Hope this helps :)

sc4hitshe.zip

Edited by dad
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, kirsty said:

thank you

TBH I'm not sure about this as I'm no Classic designer but 400 Steps & Opto Tab (3) on reel 4 seems to work.  Its always a case of experimenting until you find the optimal settings.  Next on the list woud be to find the door switches, coin input & buttons. (Tip, find a similar machine and look at the settings).  It the best way to learn without tearing your hair out.  For instance it took me AGES today to suss out how to connect up a Top Box & Slave.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 15:14, andy-1 said:

Here is the base ;layout with the correct reel. The correct reel is flexi strip, 16 stops and 320 half steps.

I have also changed the alpha, but as Dad said you will need to figure the coins, doors ect.

sc4hitshe.zip 1.34 MB · 1 download  1

thank you I been a way at a wedding all weekend )not mine so will look at this ) onight(

On 03/01/2020 at 19:43, dad said:

No it’s not.  Didn’t do that when I set it up but I’ll have a look this evening and get back to you.

thank you

• 1 month later...