Usernames

Zippy

On 21/09/2019 at 18:50, Big J said:

@Reg or I can throw it over to you instead. later version roms in all Ace machines across the board except OTB 02 (£4.80) or Pay Rise 01. 

We have a Ace System1 V4 Hi-De-Hi Deluxe roms.  Thing they were in the same cab as the Play it Again Deluxe, but can't remember seeing one in the wild.  I had to separate them into 4 files, I did release them over at MPU Mecca, a good couple years back now.  There is no layout for this deluxe version.

1 hour ago, A:E said:

We have a Ace System1 V4 Hi-De-Hi Deluxe roms.  Thing they were in the same cab as the Play it Again Deluxe, but can't remember seeing one in the wild.  I had to separate them into 4 files, I did release them over at MPU Mecca, a good couple years back now.  There is no layout for this deluxe version.

Is the deluxe version £6?

I have put different payout ROMs into layouts. i.e 10p £6 JP barcode ROMs into a 20p £6 version. It all depends if the ROMs contradict the layout.

They won’t match up as the machines are on different techs, it uses an alpha display rather than a dmd, lamps would be misaligned as well.   I did have them running in my Play it Again Deluxe DX when I was testing them out.  The game is switchable 5p, 10p, 20p, £3/£6 token jackpot.   

You can try them out, I did upload the roms to MPU Mecca and load them into the Hi De Hi DX.

J

• Like 1

Hi De Hi... Hows this thread gone from usernames to Hi De Hi....?

I'm gonna be looking around my files for that Hi De Hi layout posted earlier by Reg. ACE games were some of the most brutal but also sometimes entertaining games ever to hit the arcades...

As for my username... the veterans of the scene will know where my name comes from as I'm sure we did this thread on Fruit Forums, then Poundrun and probably at Dads... CompostCORNER, my name, was from an ill-fated Muller yoghut based product that never saw the light of day. I'm still bitter to this day that you cannot tip soil into yoghurt for a delicious crunchy treat. The bastards!!!!!

OK. so back in the early 80's, ITV used to have a show that rivalled Noel Edmonds SWAP SHOP (Jesus.... another ACE machine). TISWAS was its name.... TISWAS stood for Today Is Saturday Watch And Smile. A segment of the show would have Lenny Henry pretending to be Percy Thrower.... the old Blue Peter gardener.... or David Bellamy.

Anyway, i had my own T-Shirts and .....

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 17/09/2019 at 17:53, spa said:

Is my name. just shortened, but sounds the same. S Parr.

Just reading this old thread and found another Parr! (@spa) I'm Dave, and the 180 just comes from the fact that Davep or DaveP was normally already taken. I do play darts a bit, but I'm crap at it. 🙂 🎯

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Big J said:

Wow that is some bumpxD I only wish I had Wizards as did try and got a little pushy in this thread (was anxious) but am sure it has something to do with the profile pic, Yoda, Wizard, emulators, does kinda fit. 

I believe he was well into pinball - real and emulated. I always assumed he named himself for The Who's song "Pinball Wizard"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Big J said:

Wow that is some bumpxD I only wish I had Wizards as did try and got a little pushy in this thread (was anxious) but am sure it has something to do with the profile pic, Yoda, Wizard, emulators, does kinda fit. 

His family said they played Pinball Wizard at his funeral, so perhaps he was a massive pinball player back in the day.