Tips: MFME Lamp Masking

Reg

MFME has a great feature to lamp masks with ease.

The best way to show this is we take an original layout as shown here...

170204_Original_Layout.jpg

...we are going to convert this in a few moments to this.  Note that this layout above is NOT USING LAMP MASKS and this means that if we adjust the background contrast and brightness, you end up with an effect like this.  This is wholesale wrong and just terrible...

170204_Broken_Layout.jpg

...take a look at the ugly boxing this creates around buttons and lamps.  Not nice for the eyes.  This is because lamp masking has not been done correctly.

To fix this, go into edit mode and select Design / DX Lamp Creator.

170204_pAC_001.jpg

Type the values you see in Min Pixel Diff and Min ON Pixel Value.  Be sure to type these, even if it's already populated.

Then click on Re Mask Images and your layout is correctly masked and the altered background is now fixed.

170204_Darkned_Layout.jpg

You will have to fix overlays yourself by hand, I have not done it on the above example but you'll see everything is perfectly lamped now.

Here is an example of what it is doing, before and after...

170204_before.jpg

170204_after.jpg

There might sometimes be an odd lamp you need to fix yourself, after all, this is doing an automated task but the success rate is extremely high.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tommy c said:

Looks mint that does.

Thank you !

This is all thanks to @Wizard and his toolset for MFME.  The intersting thing is, people may not have known you can do this but you have the power with a combination of this and lamps to really mess with layouts and what they look like with ease.  Here is one more that I've just been looking at.  I've also used a non-defalt mask for all the lamps as well...

200200.thumb.jpg.8716f662d70dba0f8291f586a2185e7e.jpg

THE ORIGINAL

200200v2.thumb.jpg.bf351b04184075584aa8886962205fa9.jpg

AN UPDATED VERSION

• Like 1

Spot on, with the addition of I also changed the brightness of the "on lamps" using the second window.

The mask for the lamps using a "slightly off yellow" colour add the icing to the cake in this instance.  No graphical work was done "behind the scenes" on this one, it was all with the tool described and masks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...