Emptiers!!!!!!!!!

Zippy

1 minute ago, serene02 said:

Club Cops and Robbers is a perfect clubber.  I think it’s a superbly balanced game for serious players and regular punters.  Anyone can win on it, It’s only when you play it more that you pick up on how the game behaves.  

You should do a video on it, extremely entertaining machine for sure.

J

:) 

• Like 2

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

5 minutes ago, Boulderdash said:

Maybe you misunderstood my train of thought. 

If a machine is compensated, then any casual punter should reasonably expect that if it has paid out big money it is unlikely to be worth playing for a while. They understand that concept and consider it fair.

By compensating the game with jackpots not damaging the regular playing percentage, however, which would probably only cost about 2% of the stated 80% target, ALL players will get a decent game at all times. 

Compare that to a DOND like Golden Game where someone has taken two or three jackpots, the game is completely fucked and the machine could take £300 before even letting you play the DOND feature. 

So that's what I mean by 'superbly compensated'. You could walk up to the machine and even if a player had taken two £150 cashpots, the RTP would still be a playable 78%

2 minutes ago, serene02 said:

Club Cops and Robbers is a perfect clubber.  I think it’s a superbly balanced game for serious players and regular punters.  Anyone can win on it, It’s only when you play it more that you pick up on how the game behaves.  

J

I take your point on both those counts, and agree that a club jackpot being cycled round in very mysterious ways that only a few people understand can be done 'well' (as far as it goes....) if there is still a decent game left for other people to play.

That said, I remember they had a Club Cops & Robbers in the snooker club I worked at back in the early 90s (I'm sure I mentioned it in the above linked video) and there was literally just one guy who came in every so often to take the jackpot out of it, the regulars played it and some of them won a few quid perhaps, but I don't think I ever saw anyone except this guy who clearly knew what he was doing take the jackpot out of it.

How much money did all those regulars put through it compared to the guy who came and jackpotted it every so often? Did any of them have any idea they were just never going to win the jackpot on it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fruit machine emulation content from the artist previously known as Degsy Degworth and the odd new thing here and there too - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth

4 minutes ago, Chopaholic said:

I take your point on both those counts, and agree that a club jackpot being cycled round in very mysterious ways that only a few people understand can be done 'well' (as far as it goes....) if there is still a decent game left for other people to play.

That said, I remember they had a Club Cops & Robbers in the snooker club I worked at back in the early 90s (I'm sure I mentioned it in the above linked video) and there was literally just one guy who came in every so often to take the jackpot out of it, the regulars played it and some of them won a few quid perhaps, but I don't think I ever saw anyone except this guy who clearly knew what he was doing take the jackpot out of it.

How much money did all those regulars put through it compared to the guy who came and jackpotted it every so often? Did any of them have any idea they were just never going to win the jackpot on it?

Maybe they should have watched him play it?

Presumably all he did was come back when the pots had built up and take them out, then got some of his stake back in afters. 

• Like 2

The jackpot or high win could come out of any feature, I find that occasional punters aren’t risk gamblers and would happily collect a reasonable amount on the board.  A person who knows the machine better will sack it off and go for big one ;)

We had a regular in our club an old guy, he didn’t really know the machine in-depth but he would sit on it until he hit a big win or a cashpot, there was no real secret to getting the cashpot, even a normal punter would probably hold those symbols when they are in view.

J

Edited by serene02
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, serene02 said:

J

I preferred the simple climbers like Attraction because it took balls to turn down £75 cash trail to go for the jackpot. It rewarded the gambler/player, whereas cops you only got the pot by holding the symbols and getting lucky, or getting the jackpot exchange where it gives you enough nudges. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Boulderdash said:

Maybe you misunderstood my train of thought. 

If a machine is compensated, then any casual punter should reasonably expect that if it has paid out big money it is unlikely to be worth playing for a while. They understand that concept and consider it fair.

By compensating the game with jackpots not damaging the regular playing percentage, however, which would probably only cost about 2% of the stated 80% target, ALL players will get a decent game at all times. 

Compare that to a DOND like Golden Game where someone has taken two or three jackpots, the game is completely fucked and the machine could take £300 before even letting you play the DOND feature. 

So that's what I mean by 'superbly compensated'. You could walk up to the machine and even if a player had taken two £150 cashpots, the RTP would still be a playable 78%

i hear what your saying, but if a machine payed a jackpot of £500 every so many spins then we wouldnt have machines out their in the first place.  random are 100% random, no if`s or but`s, but what is random is entirely another question and answer. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, serene02 said:

Someone might know, but there would have been an easy way to stop 'pros' targeting these machines to soak up those fat cash pots.  By simply having a static cashpot value or one that refills to a high value once the pot has been won.  

J

They did on the later gold version. Once cashpot was wont it just reset to 250.

• Like 1

Our local club had it on 10p 100 quid, they then altered the dip for the cash pots and made the static. Machine was boycotted once I told the regulars what they'd done.

It was very well played so those pots were always getting built quick. It was altered back once the steward had taken a shit load of grief off all te members haha, funny at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has been a bit of a slog over the last two years and would of liked to of got this before Chris left us as was one of his favourites as use to empty them too, it is here finally now and have fun with this one, you'll need a little practice for those that don't know this but once you get into it it is pretty easy really and quite enjoyable. Thanks to all involved and mainly for @Amot for dumping the roms and getting them back quickly, was all done from start to finish in a couple of weeks.

Anyway enjoy.

• Like 3

On 31/05/2021 at 17:32, Big J said:

Well it has been a bit of a slog over the last two years and would of liked to of got this before Chris left us as was one of his favourites as use to empty them too, it is here finally now and have fun with this one, you'll need a little practice for those that don't know this but once you get into it it is pretty easy really and quite enjoyable. Thanks to all involved and mainly for @Amot for dumping the roms and getting them back quickly, was all done from start to finish in a couple of weeks.

Anyway enjoy.

Not watched it all yet mate but this is a great emptier seemingly based on the 'force the tokens' idea of BFM machines of that era. Some great tactics to get the unlimited nudges and hence the JP.

Best one I've seen so far. Keep 'em coming.

• Like 1

Your box will be CASHPOT

2 hours ago, dondplayer said:

Not watched it all yet mate but this is a great emptier seemingly based on the 'force the tokens' idea of BFM machines of that era. Some great tactics to get the unlimited nudges and hence the JP.

Best one I've seen so far. Keep 'em coming.

Thanks for that, glad everyone is enjoying the release and vid, so when the Dx is complete (after this has been aired a fair bit) am going to do a gameplay vid on the level I use to do them back then, bit of a posing thing but ah hell why not, I've earned it🙃😉

Told you I had a little surprise for you @Retrofruit and this time the gameplay and explanations were a bit better, can't understand why I had the echo sometimes in the background but ah well can't win em all, started from a ram rest which you would expect it to go a bit nuts in the beginning from the off but not this bugger. Have fun with this as it will give you a real battle, have touched on this a couple of times before but now I have that special pause feature it makes life a bit easier,

This is definitely the hardest awp emptier I have ever come across and love the challenge as can be on it a fair few hours plus get a few streaks, streaks come every £250-£300 so theoretically speaking if you caught them at the right time you could get the streak between £30-£50 and a bit on top before and after.

Edited by Big J
Missed a bit
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All.

Note that some of the videos are missing here.  @Zippy asked me to delete them, I am not doing that.

This breaks the consistancy of threads especially as one has a reply.  I have also been questioned in the past if I've deleted posts by members wanting to know where they are ( these are 99.99% ones that I move in the New Members area ).

@Zippy will be redoing these he has said and when done, I'll modify the post to link to the newer video that will be on this thread ( so you get double visibility as well ).

Reg.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1