Desert Island Retro

Perfect Albums

becks

You all know what i mean :) , those albums , where you dont skip songs , every song leads to the other  . Risky topic , but i will start this off :)

It was a tape , played till it died in the deck of my first car . Jagged little pill , Alanis Morissette , like one of the best female albums ever . Favorite song is , not the doctor but every song is perfect , hasnt aged .

s-l1600.jpg

Always been into, at an early age been into sort of dance music so from 80's its Electro, Breakdance. Then as times move forward it was Acid House, House, HipHouse. Again as time moves the summer of 88 and rave music and still going to this day with some dutch hardcore.

But there are loads of albums that stick out though time and this is one.

DJ Fast Eddie.

351143420_Fasteddie.jpg.6bd7df59b23d0ca9262cefc335a57db5.jpg

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:55, evo1 said:

Always been into, at an early age been into sort of dance music so from 80's its Electro, Breakdance. Then as times move forward it was Acid House, House, HipHouse. Again as time moves the summer of 88 and rave music and still going to this day with some dutch hardcore.

But there are loads of albums that stick out though time and this is one.

DJ Fast Eddie.

351143420_Fasteddie.jpg.6bd7df59b23d0ca9262cefc335a57db5.jpg

like it dude , awesome , had to give it a listen :)

s-l300.jpg

Edited by becks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, becks said:

Mate , used to go to a club in Aldershot , rhythm station , slipmat , and sy played some blinders there , went to a club in brighton once , and it kicked off with this tune , friggin awesome ,  

what a sweet tune , 

Never heard that before, great tune BTW but i moved over to listening to techno as hardcore started to get a bit cheesy around 1993 onwards which killed the hardcore scene till DJ hixxy started Hardcore Till I Die/Raverbaby  around 2000 - 2001 but started to go shit again in 2013ish. 

13 minutes ago, becks said:

Cheesy wasn't the word dude , it all went a bit , white gloves and whistles :) ,I went to hard house billy nasty lmao and  at the end I was listening to , industrial gabba , always one to go the extremes me , 

Sorry but no hard house for me shit,  but gabba cant fault you there. the scene over in dutch land is always moving forward i listen to DJ partyriser,  dj neophyte & tha playah, paul elstak.

Nice set here Sorry for the off topic here.

:yoji:

O and not forgetting mr trump and the great wall of bass

Edited by evo1

4 hours ago, fatdad said:

one step beyond album by Madness

every song is brilliant...

MI0000667931.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Have to agree with this one ...In the middle of the night ,bed and breakfast man and mummys boy(because it reminds me of a t0sser round ours who thinks he's gangster and he's nothing more than a......)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evo1 said:

Never heard that before, great tune BTW but i moved over to listening to techno as hardcore started to get a bit cheesy around 1993 onwards which killed the hardcore scene till DJ hixxy started Hardcore Till I Die/Raverbaby  around 2000 - 2001 but started to go shit again in 2013ish. 

Trance was a good time 1996-2000 

2 minutes ago, Geddy said:

Anyone else find this strange that all this 'ravey davey' rubbish is mentioned in a thread titled Perfect Albums?  Crikey... ;)

I realised this , I blame evo1 :) , but I do guess that a dj sy fantasia mixtape , with ellis dee on the b side , could maybe be called an album . 

Heres one , U2 , rattle and hum , its a true to life , flawless alb , 

maxresdefault.jpg

8 hours ago, becks said:

I realised this , I blame evo1 :) , but I do guess that a dj sy fantasia mixtape , with ellis dee on the b side , could maybe be called an album . 

Nowt to do with me my good man:mess_126: but ya did go off topic really plus nowt wrong with a bit of fantasia.

These are albums and back in the day reached high up the album charts. They may not be everyones cup of tea.

1461260336_Megabass1.jpeg.670c728a2269a9bb3e0ce46ff91b6a4c.jpeg1276459736_Megabass2.jpg.5c77c004c6cfdae4a9022ad5c9bd0431.jpg

140407192_Megabass3.jpg.910aa390fca9911819fc56170b35738b.jpg

• Like 1