Desert Island Retro

DataServe Retro - Good for Spares

Reg

680670725_DataServeRetro.jpg.7268b0b7377cf189a2edcabf0f195251.jpg

Just a shout out for DataServe Retro and a quick pump for their great service.

Recently, I won a 48K Spectrum Plus on eBay.  The seller told me that it was in good working order, I told them it was not - the keyboard had a major failure.  Myself and the seller sorted this - I got a very heavy refund and told to keep the parts.

Now I needed to fix the device.  Opening it up showed that plastic membrane had well, died !

Searching on eBay I found this vendor that sold a replacement for £16 plus about £3 P&P.  Expected delivery was Friday, but it arrived today packaged incredibly well - I am not sure if P&P was too cheap - but it could not arrived safer - it looked like they had sent me a very rigid LP.

Taking a look after the purchase - this little company is a treasure trove of spares.  I would think there are very good odds if you have something failed where they maybe able to help you.

If in need of spares in the future - these people are going to be my first port of call.

As a general rule of thumb, we complain if there is anything to complain about.  What we do not do is give good service a shout and for the cost / packaging and speed of delivery - DataServe Retro really do deserve a shout.

They have not paid for this, asked for this and I paid full price for my membrane - but if companies like this cease to trade then at some point as fans of Retro stuff we may feel the impact.

So even if you have nothing you need - please bookmark this company for a rainy day.

www.dataserve-retro.co.uk

image.thumb.png.4f207abca11a58de4345f81aa6f9a842.png

• Like 1