Desert Island Retro

classic films,tv shows and cartoons

char042102

Blakes 7 , awsome show , It had the best spaceship , and the flashing box computer , orac . It was Shakespear actors , with bbc props , and the theme tune was first rate , real orchestral , reminds , me , of a cross between , band on the run , and , im not in love , the orchestral bit ? 

blakes-7.jpg

blakes-7-liberator.jpg

blakes-7-logo.jpg

Edited by becks

JAWS 1975

An absolute classic film that as stood the test of time, even to this day you couldn't reproduce this classic its one of those film that are best left untouched.

1299246746_Jaws4.thumb.jpg.5aec6872ad5b53de29d374feb2135848.jpg  972137150_Jaws2.thumb.jpg.08cfd76dfef210712ad5b832e5f19643.jpg

1019926868_Jaws3.thumb.jpg.f87ec0ce9f3a905c093bff115b9202ae.jpg547800728_Jaws5.jpg.893a1d2442fb6d08d05c59940a1c92ae.jpg

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

And for those who haven't seen it Jaws the inside story.  Great watch on the iconic film.

Jaws 1.jpg

• Like 1

On 06/12/2018 at 20:20, evo1 said:

Ya i saw Mr Peters on Qvc, was half expecting Ed the duck to turn up.

This is about ya , jaws post , trying not to quote too much , wastes precious space for , oldie goldies :) , I totally agree on jaws , one of the finest  , he builds suspense , pulls you in , spielbergos early work was great ,   Duel , was a gooden too ,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember as a kid watching a film late one night, it was French I think called Telefon or something like that. It was about a guy who gets trapped in a phone box and the fire brigade can't get him out so the phone company unbolt it off the floor and put it on a truck to take it back to their workshop. On the way there they drive past others stuck in phone boxes all being unbolted off the floor. He then gets put on a conveyor that takes him into a warehouse and it's full of phone boxes all with dead people inside. That film disturbed me and I wouldn't go in a phone box for months and let the door close on me!

Edited by swanyofrug

2 minutes ago, swanyofrug said:

I did a little digging and it wasn't French it was Spanish, and it wasn't called Telefon it was called La Cabina (the Telephone box). Yet again YouTube comes up trumps for the obscure!

Did have a look last night for the telefon last night when you posted and there is a film called telefon am sure Charles Bronson was in it.  I will have a look laters at la cabina  when I get on the computer. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Did have a look last night for the telefon last night when you posted and there is a film called telefon am sure Charles Bronson was in it.  I will have a look laters at la cabina  when I get on the computer. 

Yes I did on IMDB, that's when I knew it wasn't called that so I just googled "film about being stuck in a phone box" and found it 😂

321 ran from 1978-1988

A themed game show that would dress a bin up each week and contestants would try and work out riddles to win prizes.

3211.jpg.a9b3b7c874930e873d2cffb66d976cbd.jpg3212.jpg.95c3d28eb94a15979e3fc1ff1b9f75e2.jpg

The riddles.

A wishbone brought on by Sonny Hayes came with the clue "Take one that never changes, add a pub and a precious stone, bring them all up-to-date, and now, you're on your own.", which the contestants rejected hoping it referred to Dusty Bin. Rogers' explanation of the clue was: "'Take one that never changes', well, that could be Dusty Bin which of course is where you might throw a wishbone. 'Add a pub and a precious stone', well, that doesn't point to Dusty. 'Bring them all up-to-date, and now you're on your own.'. Well, what about the wishbone? Sonny said 'a large wishbone', so what might a large wishbone come from? Something larger than a chicken.  Turkey, maybe?  Now, 'one that never changes.' is a constant, a pub can also be an inn, there's a lot of precious stones but how many go with 'constant inn'? How about opal? Yes, Constantinople, up to date, the pride of Turkey, you've rejected a 3–2–1 holiday!".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swanyofrug said:

I absolutely love this short ghost story by Charles Dickens called the Signalman. I have liked it since I was a kid when I used to spend a lot of evenings with a Signalman in the local signal box. It's 36 minutes long but well worth a watch. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

From that picture that looks like a young Gorden brown or is it me? 

2 hours ago, swanyofrug said:

I absolutely love this short ghost story by Charles Dickens called the Signalman. I have liked it since I was a kid when I used to spend a lot of evenings with a Signalman in the local signal box. It's 36 minutes long but well worth a watch. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

this scared the life out of me when i was young..christmas ghost storys where great.....

On 30/12/2018 at 18:24, swanyofrug said:

Yes I did on IMDB, that's when I knew it wasn't called that so I just googled "film about being stuck in a phone box" and found it 😂

Just watched that, holy shit wouldn't of liked watching that as a kid a bit disturbing TBH.

On 12/12/2018 at 18:35, becks said:

Blakes 7 , awsome show , It had the best spaceship , and the flashing box computer , orac . It was Shakespear actors , with bbc props , and the theme tune was first rate , real orchestral , reminds , me , of a cross between , band on the run , and , im not in love , the orchestral bit ? 

blakes-7.jpg

blakes-7-liberator.jpg

blakes-7-logo.jpg

What is the guy in the middle wearing lmao

On 09/12/2018 at 20:42, evo1 said:

Kenny Everett.

383007370_KennyEverett.jpg.4b06add59e7c2b00f74fa004fe6da205.jpg

Kenny Everett Video Show on ITV started in 1978 and ran till 1980? Then moved to BBC and was called The Kenny Everett Television Show, which ran from 1980 - 1988.

981078662_KennyEverettSidSnot.jpg.341caf1c344d1336bfee6dbdc40b46a5.jpg339820406_KennyEverettCupidStunt.thumb.jpg.fa9197848ef1ae429e01a96ecbb6267b.jpg

Now iv just watched some of the video show, can anyone till me whats going on???? And to think i watched this as a kid.

It's all done in the best possible taste (lol it's a quote from one of the characters in the show )great show but would not be the same today's as most comedy's from the 80's are  not PC I love all the 80's comedy's as I'm not very PC myself being an 80's teenager  

Edited by 1969kappa
  • Like 1