Desert Island Retro

classic films,tv shows and cartoons

char042102

On 06/02/2019 at 20:14, 1969kappa said:

Can't say I've seen one of these for many many years now

IMG-20190203-WA0009.jpg

On 06/02/2019 at 20:58, evo1 said:

Is this guess the tv show??? Haha! i will go first, Ready Steady Cook?

I'd say Bullseye? It looks like something they'd win on Bully's Prize Board...

MUS-FAPC1114_851.jpg

MUS-FAPC1114_851.jpg

Give Us A Clue.

Give Us a Clue was a British televised game show version of charades which was broadcast on ITV from 1979 to 1992. The original host was Michael Aspel from 1979 to 1984, followed by Michael Parkinson from 1984 to 1992. The show featured two teams, one captained by Lionel Blair and the other by Una Stubbs

Now i often find myself playing this with other drivers who peep there horn and they start waving there arms in the car.

Give_us_a_clue_old2.jpg.c78c3439aaef99afbe7e5334e2f19a48.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, evo1 said:

Give Us A Clue.

Give Us a Clue was a British televised game show version of charades which was broadcast on ITV from 1979 to 1992. The original host was Michael Aspel from 1979 to 1984, followed by Michael Parkinson from 1984 to 1992. The show featured two teams, one captained by Lionel Blair and the other by Una Stubbs

Now i often find myself playing this with other drivers who peep there horn and they start waving there arms in the car.

Give_us_a_clue_old2.jpg.c78c3439aaef99afbe7e5334e2f19a48.jpg

oh so you have seen me in a car then 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/02/2019 at 05:13, Marlon36 said:

Loved Ceefax! ITV's version was ORACLE later replaced by Teletext, still miss them now...

index.png

index.1png.png

first seen this in my girlfriends house and was blown away about how futuristic it was ..lol

there where a few computer/video game pages i used to read everyday but i cant remember the page numbers now...

• Like 1

On 06/02/2019 at 20:14, 1969kappa said:

Can't say I've seen one of these for many many years now

IMG-20190203-WA0009.jpg

i had one the same only mine after a nights drinking had the knobs melted because of a chip pan fire..

i put the chip pan on and forgot about it until i could smell plastic burning...i rushed in and opened the kitchen window and threw the chip pan out...  but i had a german shepard and forgot he was in the back garden so when i opened the window he jumped up to see what i was doing and the chip pan flew over his head and burst like napalm in the back garden.

never seen a dog jump so high and fast to get in through a window..

he was unharmed...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, fatdad said:

i had one the same only mine after a nights drinking had the knobs melted because of a chip pan fire..

i put the chip pan on and forgot about it until i could smell plastic burning...i rushed in and opened the kitchen window and threw the chip pan out...  but i had a german shepard and forgot he was in the back garden so when i opened the window he jumped up to see what i was doing and the chip pan flew over his head and burst like napalm in the back garden.

never seen a dog jump so high and fast to get in through a window..

he was unharmed...

glas it was unharmed or I wouldn't have put a smiley face

Regarding Teletext TV, we used to rent a tv from Radio Rentals back in the 70's and 80's, possibly even into the early 90's, because we couldn't afford to buy a TV outright and any repair bills.

One advantage, except free repairs, they always had new technology to try and never cost anything more than 50p a week or so more. So like we had a video recorder very early on, we had a teletext tv in the very late 70's or early 80's.

Me and my brother even pre teenage years, thought it was well cool and even used to watch for the updates to FSTE index lol. Later it was for the football, waiting for the half times to come through etc, or the update page notification coming up when a goal went in.

I had a TV card for the PC up until the early 2000's as well for the telextet, being able to have multiple pages of latest footy scores open at the same time, was the best way to keep up, as I didn't have Sky and Soccer Saturday to watch. Used it until the BBC etc...started to have vidiprinters on the web.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, wearecity said:

Regarding Teletext TV, we used to rent a tv from Radio Rentals back in the 70's and 80's, possibly even into the early 90's, because we couldn't afford to buy a TV outright and any repair bills.

One advantage, except free repairs, they always had new technology to try and never cost anything more than 50p a week or so more. So like we had a video recorder very early on, we had a teletext tv in the very late 70's or early 80's.

Me and my brother even pre teenage years, thought it was well cool and even used to watch for the updates to FSTE index lol. Later it was for the football, waiting for the half times to come through etc, or the update page notification coming up when a goal went in.

I had a TV card for the PC up until the early 2000's as well for the telextet, being able to have multiple pages of latest footy scores open at the same time, was the best way to keep up, as I didn't have Sky and Soccer Saturday to watch. Used it until the BBC etc...started to have vidiprinters on the web.

Hit it on the head there with the renting of tv's and video we had a box thing on the back we put 50p's in only soon as the man brought the tv in the house my dad sold the thing to someone on the estate witch i will cover on another post.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2019 at 11:56, fatdad said:

first seen this in my girlfriends house and was blown away about how futuristic it was ..lol

there where a few computer/video game pages i used to read everyday but i cant remember the page numbers now...

I had forgotten about the computer/video game section, would often read those pages. Did they do game reviews on there? I'm struggling to remember now but do remember it had the game charts for all computers and consoles of the day.

On 12/02/2019 at 11:56, fatdad said:

Teletext if i remember rightly not every tv could get it?? in the early days as can never remember me dad using it, when we had a tv!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, evo1 said:

Interceptor 1989

What was this about??  What shit but i wouldn't of said no to Annabel croft

interceptor1.jpg.81bbf808ccb8a84cf96dd0fbd3e9bb3a.jpginterceptor.jpg.b7411ba5c01be7d8de60568a3b25df44.jpg

I actually did like this programme☺️

I wouldn't have said 'no' to a game of tennis with Annabel either. (New balls please)! 😍

On 13/02/2019 at 20:51, evo1 said:

Dempsey and Makepeace 1985 - 1986

god, I use to fancy that makepeace  like %#£* 

On 25/02/2019 at 21:00, evo1 said:

Cagney & Lacey 1981 - 1988

used to sit and watch this with my mum and sister , those 80's american shows were fantastic during that time.

On 15/02/2019 at 21:00, evo1 said:

The Six Million Dollar Man. 1973 - 1978

good old steve austin another show well watched , I remember one episode when he pushed a submarine free , that was stuck on rocks or something, with that infamous sound . I think there's a sample of it used on the fruit machine temple of treasure .

Sunday night wasn't complete without a bath then this little US show , hart to hart

• Like 1