Desert Island Retro

classic films,tv shows and cartoons

char042102

Omg yes 'the house that bled to death', children's party scene was shocking back then, never get away with that with kid actors today. Seem to remember a vampire episode with Diana Doors also.

The scariest thing I remember as a kid was an episode of 'armchair thriller' called 'quiet as a nun' where a nun with no face was killing kids, nightmares for weeks! Amazed my parents let me watch it considering I went to a catholic primary school where a number of teachers were nuns.

Edited by Pook

DX Banner.png

I've got the box set of the Hammer House of Horror TV series.

The Two faces of evil, being my favourite episode, such spooky camera work and one that can still send a chill down the spine.

Here Janet returns after being told, the man in her house must be her husband because the guy on the slab in the morgue, who looks identical to him,  has bad teeth and her husband has perfect teeth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pook said:

Omg yes 'the house that bled to death', children's party scene was shocking back then, never get away with that with kid actors today. Seem to remember a vampire episode with Diana Doors also.

The scariest thing I remember as a kid was an episode of 'armchair thriller' called 'quiet as a nun' where a nun with no face was killing kids, nightmares for weeks! Amazed my parents let me watch it considering I went to a catholic primary school where a number of teachers were nuns.

The house that bleed to death vaguely remember that but will be looking it up now lol 

Another series that had some great stories, Tales Of The Unexpected.

Below is what I think is the creepiest episode called The Flypaper. It's worth a watch and also to show your children when they are old enough, to teach them one of the oldest valuable lessons in life.

Even if you don't watch it all, watch it from 10:25 on the video.

A SPOILER of events upto 10:25 is below the video, IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH IT ALL, But if you are going to watch it from 10:25, then it will serve, as a quick resume of the story up to that point.

SPOILER....Up until 10:25, the story is that someone has been murdering children and their bodies have been found in the canal/river.. It is very much suggested that a particular man (who gets on the bus after 10:25 in the video) is responsible. It appears he is now tracking his next victim, an orphan child, who lives with her grandma and is also very much a loner.

Saturday afternoon, Dad would always have this on. ITV World Of Sport with Dickie Davis

di.JPG.338948fafee44afbd8c1bd3d5590f515.JPG

And then came the main event world of sport wrestling.

Big Daddy Vs Giant Haystacks.

Classic tv here and i was only 8 years old and remember it like it was yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evo1 said:

Saturday afternoon, Dad would always have this on. ITV World Of Sport with Dickie Davis

di.JPG.338948fafee44afbd8c1bd3d5590f515.JPG

And then came the main event world of sport wrestling.

Big Daddy Vs Giant Haystacks.

Classic tv here and i was only 8 years old and remember it like it was yesterday.

The classic good V evil match lol .World of sport wow blast from the past big time 

• Like 1

Loads of classics here , used to love this too,  the adventure gameshow

and friday the 13th the series was another favourite of mine, predictable but all the differant objects made for some decent episodes.

another thats just popped in the mind was this,  Box of delights

Think im going hunting for some things in this thread :D

• Like 1