DX'Cellent

Whats hapened to MPUMecca?

richardpen

1 hour ago, captainhaddock said:

cannot sign in to the mecca - password incorrect, have an old fsmail email address so can't recover that either, no response at all using the contact us option.

23 minutes ago, A:E said:

Me took CH, I sent for email password recovery but it never gets sent to my email?    

J

Me three :D

DX Banner.png

Got mine sorted in the end, but I put in my password incorrectly, it locked me out of my account and it must have triggered something as I then received a reset password email :)

Not sure what CH can do if his is an old email account, maybe try contacting from the contact link?

J

Huge thanks for doing all the forums' background work, mate.  Keeping all the forums up-to-date must be a pain, so massive thanks for doing the neccessaries for all this time. :)

I don't know if Fruit Forums is on the same setup as all the other forums, but it's down for me.  I know folks hardly ever post there anymore, but I thought I would let you know that it's down.  Are there any plans on bringing back the old FME Archive site?  It's been offline for years.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2018 at 16:03, Pook said:

Me three :D

Anyone looking for their recovery email from the Mecca, check your spam folders, mine went there.

The problem I'm having with the Mecca is I cannot log in, I found my recovery email but I don't know if it is a BT web mail problem but it does not display a link or button, it just says in text 'RESET YOUR PASSWORD' and all I can do is highlight it.  I've tried forwarding it to my other BT account which uses a different webmail version but the forward did not work. 

So at least for the moment, I'm locked out of the Mecca :(

If I signed up to the Mecca using my other email address, would Pete be able to transfer my info to the new email?

On 02/08/2018 at 23:48, Ploggy said:

Huge thanks for doing all the forums' background work, mate.  Keeping all the forums up-to-date must be a pain, so massive thanks for doing the neccessaries for all this time. :)

I don't know if Fruit Forums is on the same setup as all the other forums, but it's down for me.  I know folks hardly ever post there anymore, but I thought I would let you know that it's down.  Are there any plans on bringing back the old FME Archive site?  It's been offline for years.

I've not got round to putting it back up yet :) - FME Archive is planned but will take a bit of work now to update it to a modern forums version so will have to wait a while

On 08/08/2018 at 13:44, pete_w said:

I've not got round to putting it back up yet :) - FME Archive is planned but will take a bit of work now to update it to a modern forums version so will have to wait a while

Ok, mate.  You know best   Liked reading-up on old FME threads from time, to time.  :)

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I know this is an old thread, but 2 years on from you guys having problems, I have the same problems logging into MPUMecca. Every time it tells me my password is wrong. I can change it from the forgotten password email, and enter the site. Then the next time I try to log on, wrong password again, and have to go through the forgotten email password again! It seems as if it isn't saving the password for some reason. If anyone from the mecca is still here, is it possible to shed any light on this. I think my username is the same as it is on here.

Thanks for the site, I have found lots of useful info on there, it's just a pain to log on!

Glad I can help but just be a little patient as Pete has had a lot on his plate sorting four sites out recently. I have the same problem now and then but as long as you can get on here or Dads you can get responses😀

Having now confirmed that my username is the same as here, (so many names, too many sites!) I have it working ok! To sign in, it says input username or email address. Apparently it doesn't like me using the email address, but logs in ok using the username. The problem I had is solved! Thanks @Big J, and @pete_w you probably don't need to do anything! I should now be able to remember my username as i use it for all the fruit machine emulation sites I have joined.

• Like 1